50 fastest growing craft breweries

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When I was a pup, they gave trophies out for kids who scored really high on their Iowa Test of Basic Skills. The next year they gave trophies out for most improved. Since I did well both years, I didn't get a trophy. Meanwhile the dumbass next to me got a trophy for doing slightly less bad.

That was 30 years ago and I'm still a little angry about it :mad:

I never got a darn trophy and I hit 99 a couple times. Now I’m PO’d with you.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Fastest growing can get twisted. If you started last year and just kinda tried to get things figured out and sold 20 cases and then the next year you ramped up and sold 1000 cases, you could say you exploded in growth. Then next year if you sold 3000 cases the percent increase wouldn't look as good as the 20 to 1000.

How some car dealers say they are the fastest growing in a region for a certain time period. If you are new and having any success, you are are going to show a large increase in sales.

This is true and is probably the case. Two years ago I could only find it on tap at their taproom and maybe a bomber at the Mason City Hy-Vee. Now they are on tap all over Iowa and the grocery stores are filled with 5 or 6 different variants. Singlespeed has also really stepped up their canning.

If you look at the list it's almost all local, unheard of breweries. The only ones I recognize are LakeTime, Old Nation, Tree House, and Une Annee....and I drink a lot of beer.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
On the other hand, this may be a death sentence. Last year the two Iowa breweries were Keg Creek and New American.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
On the other hand, this may be a death sentence. Last year the two Iowa breweries were Keg Creek and New American.

Haven’t really tried much KC but New American didn’t make anything above average. I think LT will be alright.