Silver lining in our flop?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There is no chance in hell we get a location 30 minutes away from our campus as a 7 seed. The 2 seed would be freaking livid, and have every right to be.

They would, but I think things like that have happened.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm not sure that would be an advantage given how they've played at home lately. Or on the road, for that matter. Where they play just isn't going to make much of a difference unless/until they get their other issues ironed out. Because if they keep playing the way they have been the only silver lining to landing in Des Moines as a seven seed will be a mercifully short trip home after they get embarrassed in the first round.

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Watching this team (and be summarily executed, probably, at this rate) in Des Moines by a #10 seed reminds me a lot of something like this, to make a reference...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_(The_Office)

An event that should be a joyous, colorful manifestation of a community -- ISU playing in Des Moines for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, with the entire region decked out in cardinal and gold -- into something ultimately inappropriate and depressing.

I was planning on going to Columbus, Columbia, or Hartford if this team makes it to one of those cities, but I wonder if I should bother if they show nothing against Tech or in KC.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
There is no chance in hell we get a location 30 minutes away from our campus as a 7 seed. The 2 seed would be freaking livid, and have every right to be.

True but think of it this way. Right now Des Moines is a location for two 2 seeds from big ten by many predictions. That means two 7 seeds by default have to play there. If we fall to a 7 seed we have a 50% chance of playing there if those seeds hold.