10,000 Fans for Mizzou Dual

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Coleman is explosive but when he is on the ground, it is over. In today's match, did it go 1 minute? I know the Mizzou guy is one of the best but been a constant theme with Coleman on the bottom. Can't keep giving up those bonus points. I hope it is a case where in high school he didn't have to work on the ground. I expect he can improve over the summer. If not, hate to say it but wouldn't mind seeing some more team competition, maybe a transfer, at that weight.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Coleman is explosive but when he is on the ground, it is over. In today's match, did it go 1 minute? I know the Mizzou guy is one of the best but been a constant theme with Coleman on the bottom. Can't keep giving up those bonus points. I hope it is a case where in high school he didn't have to work on the ground. I expect he can improve over the summer. If not, hate to say it but wouldn't mind seeing some more team competition, maybe a transfer, at that weight.
The defending national champion and a guy that pushed world champion, did not give up a point at Worlds Kyle Dake in qualifying got stuck by Lewis from the bottom position. Coleman has work to do on the ground. This match does not really show where he is other than we shouldn’t expect him in the semis at nationals

Jun 17, 2017

Marcus is definitely struggling on bottom right now, but it might be a little early to give up on the freshman. He has given up bonus to the #1,#2,#5, and #15 ranked kids. He also leads the team in takedowns and major decisions as a freshman. Hopefully, some of the younger guys will get some rest and regroup over the next couple weeks and be ready for B12s.

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
All things considered, our dual performances against Iowa, Ok St, UNI and Missouri were far better than we could have imagined one year ago. We were competitive in all four duals, won a few upsets and were very solid in winning the ones in which we were favored—even the “tossups”. We have a ways to go—in personnel and in winning close matches against ranked opponents— but we are well conditioned and primed for a run over the next four weeks.

I also want to take the opportunity to say that I love the general positivity ( and the manner in which we express differences of opinion) among our fan base and among you guys on the this board. It is very representituve of the level of class of of our team leadership and the guys on this year’s team. Behaving badly on these boards ( as happened today on a different board of a different team involving very different people) does no one any good. I have been impressed with the frequent posters here who have set the right standard, and to the group writ large for the way we communicate. I continue to be very proud to be a Cyclone.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bonus points caught us. Didn’t start watching until the end of Gomez’s match. One where he tried too hard. A take down and maybe hold it to a decision. Parker got caught, don’t care how much you scout (can ask why people get stuck by nolf in a spladle when they shoot) there are some things people do so well and so quick that you just get caught. Parker was in the match, just needs to clean up his positioning there.

Reactions: VirginSturgeon

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Who's going to Tulsa?
and Who's going to Pittsburgh?

My wife & I are going to Pittsburgh