10,000 Fans for Mizzou Dual

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's ALWAYS tickets sold (or "distributed", in some cases). Every school. Every sport.

Saw some rare reporting on actual cheeks in the seats in an article last year in Star Tribune regarding Gophers sports attendance. Not sure how they got it but they reported on actual scanned tickets. The schools have the numbers, they just don't use them.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am in Tulsa and will repeat my attendance of Big12s from a year ago. I think I was one of two ISU fans there that were not related to a wrestler. Hopefully less sparse this year.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I am in Tulsa and will repeat my attendance of Big12s from a year ago. I think I was one of two ISU fans there that were not related to a wrestler. Hopefully less sparse this year.

I know some Humboldt guys that are planning on going to Tulsa

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I know some Humboldt guys that are planning on going to Tulsa
Cool. Make sure they wear their ISU best. I was on the East end of the BOK last year, and surrounded by Wyoming fans. The teams tend to sit up in the stands with the fans to. I was sitting next to Bryce Meredith for about half an hour.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Do we know if there is some contract the big 12 has with Tulsa? How long will it be there? I would love to get there one of these years.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's ALWAYS tickets sold (or "distributed", in some cases). Every school. Every sport.
What did they report for the drake game last year? I'm that number is way off compared to who went.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa

So you're saying all Cyclone fans can stay at Brett108's house?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Smith will keep it there forever!
Will he be able to though? Des Moines, Omaha, or KC make more sense geographically with the new members. Frankly Tulsa is an awful location from the conferences prospective IMO. Being on the perimeter of the conference footprint doesn’t seem to lend itself to the best attendance. I think our resurgence along with the new members is what has lead to the change in attendance.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Will he be able to though? Des Moines, Omaha, or KC make more sense geographically with the new members. Frankly Tulsa is an awful location from the conferences prospective IMO. Being on the perimeter of the conference footprint doesn’t seem to lend itself to the best attendance. I think our resurgence along with the new members is what has lead to the change in attendance.

What I heard was UNI, ISU, Dakotas tried to get it up here. Maybe Fargo or Omaha, but it is a bid process to the Big 12 and nobody can touch Tulsa's bid.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
What I heard was UNI, ISU, Dakotas tried to get it up here. Maybe Fargo or Omaha, but it is a bid process to the Big 12 and nobody can touch Tulsa's bid.
I won’t pretend to know the details of the bids but I just have a hard time seeing Tulsa having such a dominate bid unless they are under bidding (running it at a loss or something) in an effort to get the National Championships. You have Iowa State, UNI, South Dakota State, and North Dakota State centered up here. Even for Air Force Omaha is closer. Some of the other schools need to work together to get it up here.

GrappleCy

Aug 7, 2018

They bid it out. Tulsa gets it because Tulsa wants it more than Kansas City. Honestly the best city geographically, with all the new schools, would probably be Denver but I doubt that would happen.