Home court

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So this team has already shown that they are capable of winning a B12 title, we lose 1 game to a decent team, and now they played with a big head with a bad coach, and the sky is falling?

I bet you're fun at parties.

You know whats funny is not even a week ago when everyone was looking to the K-State game as the de-facto championship game, I said teams like TCU and Texas would have just as much of an impact. Turns out I know a thing or 2.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You know whats funny is not even a week ago when everyone was looking to the K-State game as the de-facto championship game, I said teams like TCU and Texas would have just as much of an impact. Turns out I know a thing or 2.
Who said ISU-KState game not even a week ago was the defacto championship game?
If its "everyone" as you claim, you'll have no problem tagging some people.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
So this team has already shown that they are capable of winning a B12 title, we lose 1 game to a decent team, and now they played with a big head with a bad coach, and the sky is falling?

I bet you're fun at parties.

Emo goth parties...

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I don't feel bad at all, this is a classic example of getting too big of a head. TCU had been run out of the gym their last 3 road games and needed a miracle to beat the worst team in the conference at home the other night.

ISU obviously didnt take them seriously and thought they could just go through the motions and win.

Obviously. Can't be any other explanation. o_O

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Ehhhh. Thinking about it...not sure this team is as good as we want to believe it is.

Last 3 games have been brutal even though we win two of them. We have some glaring shortcomings and teams have figured them out.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

EVERYONE? Are you cereal??? Get over yourself...

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Ehhhh. Thinking about it...not sure this team is as good as we want to believe it is.

Last 3 games have been brutal even though we win two of them. We have some glaring shortcomings and teams have figured them out.

C'mon.... NONE of our teams are as good as we want to believe and none of our teams are as bad as others want to believe...

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: spitfyr36 and JP4CY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's sad then, TCU is already down their starting PG this year and we still don't have separation from them?

This team has already shown they are capable of winning a Big 12 title and once again its not happening because we cant be consistent. With Hoiberg he refused to play defense, now Prohm teaches defense and grinds out road wins but can't even protect one of the biggest home court advantages in college basketball.

There's no way a team is officially 'capable' of a league title only halfway through the conference season.

That was the hype machine and now it's just seeing if they can get back to being decent or maybe they've been playing way above their abilities.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles

99% of the teams have good and bad stretches of games during the year.
MSU lost at Illinois, lost 3 in a row. UNC got blown out at home by 30.

The good ones don't let a couple of losses turn into 5 or 6 out 7 games.

Actually if you pull out 2 of 3 when you are not playing well, that is pretty impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY and JP4CY

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
FYI - KU lost 2 home games last year (one in early Feb to an OSU team that was 3-6 in conference at the time). I love winning at home and am disappointed with us not defending Hilton this year, but if we keep playing well on the road, we will be fine.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Back on the topic of this thread. Since 2011-2012 how many home losses does Prohm have compared to the previous coach?
Nope, Mr Realist. Who said ISU-KState was s defacto championship?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Go read through all the projection threads this past week. I think someone even started a thread called "Iowa St vs K-state" at one point. You guys live in such an alternate reality that you wont even admit when Im right about things.
You made the statement not me. Prove it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

That game still has massive importance. If kstate wins that not only do we get a loss but KSU gets a win, so it has double impact.

The race isnt over yet, but it may well be after that game.