RECRUITING: Isheem Young signs

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I definitely believe in second chances and redemption, so I'm all for this as long as CMC is good with it.

However, he HAS to be on a much shorter leash than all others on the team with a clean record. If he gets into any kind of trouble with the law at ISU, he needs to be gone IMO. He needs to be thrilled with this opportunity that CMC is giving him at a new life, and treat it that way. You need to know that a 3rd chance will not happen at ISU.

• Funny
Reactions: SpokaneCY and Rural

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You thought wrong. Although most religions preach forgiveness, none actually practice it in real life. :(
Pope_John_Paul_II_Mehmet_Agca.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: CTTB78 and GTO

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I'm all in on my trust in this staff however I will say Young is a risky move If this blows up in Matt's face it will take some of the lusty off the program they have worked so hard to build.

Negative recruiting is a fact of life and taking a convicted felon will be mentioned when coaches are sitting in a kid's livingroom. Hope it works, Guessing the expectations were spelled out.

First of all he is not a convicted felon, his case was moved to juve court so his "record" will not follow him. It is okay for the staff to take a limited number of risks like this. People deserve a second chance. I'm sure he will be on a one strike status. I hope it works out for him and he doesn't face the same future his brother faces.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I have a funny gif about this whole deal, but I'm afraid Hok fans would take it and run with it.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Can we just stop with this crap? If you go back you’ll find I’m one of the few people all about bringing Royce in. I have no problem with people getting second chances. But let’s not act like he’s getting a second chance from a DUI. He robbed a convince store with a gun and stole 13,000 dollars.

My opinion is that bringing a guy in with his past is not my choice, so I won’t freak out about it. However, the choice is 100% Campbell’s. If something awful happens with a guy with his history Campbell should be immediately fired with cause and he should be able to be sued by any victim. That should be the risk, and if he’s good with that then I am.
Step away from the keyboard dude

• Agree
Reactions: knowlesjam and GTO

80sClone

Dec 29, 2014
Can we just stop with this crap? If you go back you’ll find I’m one of the few people all about bringing Royce in. I have no problem with people getting second chances. But let’s not act like he’s getting a second chance from a DUI. He robbed a convince store with a gun and stole 13,000 dollars.

My opinion is that bringing a guy in with his past is not my choice, so I won’t freak out about it. However, the choice is 100% Campbell’s. If something awful happens with a guy with his history Campbell should be immediately fired with cause and he should be able to be sued by any victim. That should be the risk, and if he’s good with that then I am.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Okay, stupid question, but are we still after the grad transfer from Miami or anyone else? I realize that the grad transfer thing can go on for months longer.

80sClone

Dec 29, 2014
Oh the drama. Do you even fart? I'd guess not as the guilt and shame you would feel would be overwhelming. You'd probably have to move out of the country.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
The kid has been clean since the incident and followed by the assistant who recruited him. If Matt is comfortable with it then who am I to judge the signing not knowing ANYTHING other than the report.

So you can never judge a signing of Campbell’s? Not even one who robbed a store with a gun a year ago?