RECRUITING: Isheem Young signs

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I think what the judge concluded was that Isheem was convinced by his own older brother to participate in the robbery and carry the gun because, as a minor, he could not be severely penalized. I would guess that that was corroborated by the other two participants.

I, like some others on this board, might require more evidence of a change of life style if he did it by himself or did with some peers but, in this case, his own older brother set him up and he was too ignorant, scared, or both to say no.

I can agree with the judge and I think, reading into Isheem's and Campbell's statements, Isheem will still have a shorter leash than the other recruits. I hope he learned a lesson and wish him success.
Didn't Sam Mack use the " It was the other guy who made me do it" defense?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Your opinion of the kids is based on HOW much info? The kids life is made up of far more data points then the one you are desperately clinging to...

What in the hell are you talking about? What am I clinging to desperately? Like it or not, you rob someone at gunpoint you are gonna have a judgement against you.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
With far, far less information than the guy who actually makes the decision. But you think your opinion is equally as valid as CMC's and that part is dumb.

When did I say anything about my opinion being as equally as valid as his? You just making **** up?

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I see both sides of the argument. Kids absolutely need to know there are consequences for their actions and be ready to accept them. From a risk perspective, I am concerned about the possible distraction it could cause the program if another "situation" happens.

But, I also know people can change and grow. Sometimes a change of scenery and a 2nd chance can have a huge impact in someone's life.

Here's hoping he can turn things around, grow from his experience and be a force in the secondary!!

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I'm all for 2nd chances, no kid's life should be over for one mistake, HOWEVER, this kid has to be on the shortest leash there is IMO, and CMC needed to make sure he understood that before signing with ISU.

A simple parking ticket, that might be ok, but almost anything more than that... you're gone buddy.

when I was in Ames, you could get a parking ticket for riding your bike too close to a loading zone. I hope CMC's parameters are a little looser than yours.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
I just watched the video which did not show a lot. Was his brother working during the robbery or was he driving the car? The articles I have read have not given a lot of details.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I just watched the video which did not show a lot. Was his brother working during the robbery or was he driving the car? The articles I have read have not given a lot of details.

Where did you see the video? As I understood it, his brother was the assistant manager, and the person who opened the safe.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Were all those offers still on the table?
No. Why does it matter? Those offers are an accurate measure of the actual talent he has—sans the trouble he got into.

Did his rating just go down ?? Now 86 and 3 star
Actually, Rivals has both a new 2019 and the previous 2018 profile for him.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/isheem-young-2440
Matter of fact, there is a “Risers and Fallers” article for the final rankings in the “18 class that mentions Isheem. It says that he dropped twenty spots in the safety ranking—presumably because of his arrest.

Now, he ended up ranked the 30th ranked safety. Curious, I went to the safety rankings, and counted up twenty notches.

Turns out that the kid who wound up at #10 was an Oregon signee—who came in at #102 overall. The #11 safety was. a Notre Dane signee who came in at #135.

For comparion’s sake, Rivals had Joseph Scated next at #136 overall.

And this year, 247 has Breece Hall Tanked #135 in their own rankings.

Sheer coincidence.

The point being, Isheem was even more highly regarded than “just” a four star..Trusting that Matt Campbell did his due diligence, we got us a steal, folks!

*See the safety rankings for yourself:

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2018/S

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
No. Why does it matter? Those offers are an accurate measure of the actual talent he has—sans the trouble he got into.

Actually, Rivals has both a new 2019 and the previous 2018 profile for him.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/isheem-young-2440
Matter of fact, there is a “Risers and Fallers” article for the final rankings in the “18 class that mentions Isheem. It says that he dropped twenty spots in the safety ranking—presumably because of his arrest.

Now, he ended up ranked the 30th ranked safety. Curious, I went to the safety rankings, and counted up twenty notches.

Turns out that the kid who wound up at #10 was an Oregon signee—who came in at #102 overall. The #11 safety was. a Notre Dane signee who came in at #135.

For comparion’s sake, Rivals had Joseph Scated next at #136 overall.

And this year, 247 has Breece Hall Tanked #135 in their own rankings.

Sheer coincidence.

The point being, Isheem was even more highly regarded than “just” a four star..Trusting that Matt Campbell did his due diligence, we got us a steal, folks!

*See the safety rankings for yourself:

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/football/2018/S

Why does it matter? I don’t know, maybe if they beat all those schools for the kid or if they weren’t available still. Maybe it matters because of that?

Some of you are really angry.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron