HEY !! There was a game today

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Amazing. Not one word about it. YOU WON!!!!

On at same time as the men versus Texas on ESPN so...

I had the game up on my laptop at our Mpls gamewatch while we watched the men on the big screens. BTW, great HD feed on ESPN3, not always the case or so it seems.

XLliBzIRS_L9UzUgvc2UyP35gHjI35tona291BSEqvwREV5zKkNfPgwzbCTIEIuArIUSi-fz3m4-p2Saq_t-2mwOe_JzwrJffKQuMGWMzc5Y2Wi6ijnAKu0_oQm0OhIPWB-X-VbkNmBwWNi7_zfqGlzdzYd1GpbZONRdzhkRY3RKDyfhlz7rUIUG1R6_NmqHxaDXZH23vPnLhG6VTZpsvsT9iN4IzpQPekhoHbs27ngLsnAMkFjvLXoKVUdwd_3QjUTle_MyotbP4bSu5s2GEHYZwT39b8MVptGgK14jseX1zAYSHmDeKayk6zr_QFXdVFBz-YBVql7UC9UEAKOnr733BG6ZHvZxyLAi_88-Ej84CF0zyWATTCre_qAsYsXpyNBvFFe3trPs02sNcCn_DRGfJ5QFk6GtcZ6BrTpB9n_KTsWkgl7nuvf97T1aMqBC03nsXD_jw21Xkm373crHfEGAXN8VGiciymO0YWNKzAzYHYLftvpmDMCzJ2PuV7LRcLpX9yF739-d1TY7hm3Cs658k7pg_PYuBIAl1tvvFuC6JT6i1FZsx-S1y59heYL0MmkKlZ41-SiakvD4Rfvu7Xix18Em99Dh0APdCe7Qna33bGxPEAdaTY8mwdrNZv-LlFYwzbUOpAZhtDoe8fC5b1WLnHQTtgs=w835-h626-no

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
All five starters with over 30 minutes. Seem to maybe be settling into a main five for 2nd half of conference play. Scott proved her minutes with a double/double.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Ya'll have a team this year that's better than any you've had for quite some time. I wish there was more enthusiasm about it. It bugs me when they raise the cameras up and you see all the empty seats there. Still a decent nucleus on the two court sides, but I remember coming there the first time many years ago and it was packed and deafening. I also remember when I first joined this forum how there was so much more activity. Geezus I post as much as most of ya, with the exception of Boxster and I live in Waco!!! That ought to be considered blasphemy in Cyclone land.

If this team will take care of it's business it has a very good chance of finishing 2nd in the league and getting a good ncaa tourney bid. I'm excited about that and I hope everyone else is too.

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
There is a canyon of difference between the top 3 (or 4 including WV) and the rest of the Conference. Sisters simply went into the little apple and drilled them. This team also has gotten off to some fast starts the past 3-4 games...very nice to see.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

SolonCy

Aug 23, 2008
Okay, I'll bite. They are doing great this year! I don't usually post but will for the sake of keeping the discussion going.

I pay attention to the scores, cheer them on, and watch the replays pretty closely, mainly because of Ashley Joens. We were neighbors with the Joens when we lived in Solon and I can still remember Ashley and her sisters (lost count, seems like she has 3 sisters) all in a row walking on the sidewalk past our house dribbling a basketball. Where ever they went, they were dribbling a basketball. I was surprised and glad when she committed to ISU and it seems that she has fit into the college game well. She had an off-night the last game, but made up for it against KSU.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Ya'll have a team this year that's better than any you've had for quite some time. I wish there was more enthusiasm about it. It bugs me when they raise the cameras up and you see all the empty seats there. Still a decent nucleus on the two court sides, but I remember coming there the first time many years ago and it was packed and deafening. I also remember when I first joined this forum how there was so much more activity. Geezus I post as much as most of ya, with the exception of Boxster and I live in Waco!!!

If this team will take care of it's business it has a very good chance of finishing 2nd in the league and getting a good ncaa tourney bid. I'm excited about that and I hope everyone else is too.
I agree that this team is heads and tails above the teams from the last several years. And the results over the past several years have eroded away the attendance. I think (and hope) that the support will begin to come back as this team is now starting to reflect some of the best recruiting that Bill has had as coach.

Always appreciate the comments from you, along with Boxster, as you know hoops and follow the teams through both thick and thin. This team is simply getting better as the senior experience along with the youth is providing high levels of performance on both offense and defense. They aren't Baylor elite, but they have significantly closed the gap. The game in Ames could be epic!

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
For you season ticket holders how many fans are in the seats at Hilton would you guess?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
For you season ticket holders how many fans are in the seats at Hilton would you guess?

About the same as last few years. Think for the casual fan it may take more years of success to get crowds up to those of the past. If you aren't coming out to watch this years team you are missing out.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
A sweep of KSU with an avg win margin of 34. So nice. Also a 34 avg margin of victory in our games this week after getting demoted 3 spots in the rankings.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Okay, I'll bite. They are doing great this year! I don't usually post but will for the sake of keeping the discussion going.

I pay attention to the scores, cheer them on, and watch the replays pretty closely, mainly because of Ashley Joens. We were neighbors with the Joens when we lived in Solon and I can still remember Ashley and her sisters (lost count, seems like she has 3 sisters) all in a row walking on the sidewalk past our house dribbling a basketball. Where ever they went, they were dribbling a basketball. I was surprised and glad when she committed to ISU and it seems that she has fit into the college game well. She had an off-night the last game, but made up for it against KSU.

Totally cool. Reminds me of a young neighbor girl asking my ISU buddy in Maple Grove if she could shoot hoops in his driveway. Future ISU guard Erica Haugen. ;)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ya'll have a team this year that's better than any you've had for quite some time. I wish there was more enthusiasm about it. It bugs me when they raise the cameras up and you see all the empty seats there. Still a decent nucleus on the two court sides, but I remember coming there the first time many years ago and it was packed and deafening. I also remember when I first joined this forum how there was so much more activity. Geezus I post as much as most of ya, with the exception of Boxster and I live in Waco!!! That ought to be considered blasphemy in Cyclone land.

Since we never really make a serious run at the conference championship our success has mostly been with some nice NCAA runs, IMHO. Haven't done much in the NCAA in some time with a number of disappointing one-and-dones so I think it will take some wins in March to get the buzz going again. Hopefully. Really not that much following outside of local Iowa. I did a gamewatch here in Mpls for the Baylor game. No one showed up. Literally no one, just me. Did a gamewatch today for the men had about 50. For the Texas football game we had over 500 spread across three different bars. Not that that's unique, look at the stands for most WBB games.

Off to see Monte Morris playing point guard in the NBA now. First trip to Target Center in years and it's 100% to see Monte, not the Timberwolves. Short trip as it is, only three miles. ;)

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I will be loud at the WVU game next Saturday!
Wish I could be there. but we have TCwho here on the same day. I've been stressing the importance of the WV game in other places. Thar's a winnable game but by no means is it a gimme. The outcome whether W or L may well set the tone for the remainder of the year.

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
Geewago:

As you seem to be a big WBB fan in general, how does this fan WBB forum compare to others in the B12?

Today I cool barely find a mention of the MBB game in Texas forums much less any buzz on WBB.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Geewago:

As you seem to be a big WBB fan in general, how does this fan WBB forum compare to others in the B12?

Today I cool barely find a mention of the MBB game in Texas forums much less any buzz on WBB.
CyFanatics (WBB) is a great forum = it just doesn't have much activity any more. Sometimes goes 3 or 4 days without a single comment,

Horn Fans is the best for Longhorn WBB news. Bab Horn is a great poster. He starts all the game threads and post a lot of information about other big 12 teams. He gives lots of stats, poll information etc. and always publishes the times of all big 12 games as well as TV, on line info etc. He's a great friend that I've met personally. Similar to Acoustimac (Dennis) on CF. I've also noticed that Acoustimac doesn't post near as much as he used to. For years he was faithful with his "Game Summary" threads.

Red Raider forum (247) is the only place to get any info on TX Tech. And believe me it is so minimal I go there about once a week. Navaho Bob is the best poster there.

Sooner forum still has quit a bit of info on OU wbb but it has sharply decreased this year. It's mainly about firing Cherry Cola now, They are very unhappy campers. I seldom ever read it.

TCU, OSU, KU & KST has very little forum action on WBB. It's usually just randomly mixed in with news of other things. To tedious for me to find.

Sicem 365 is now the BU forum (replacing baylorFans.com). It has of course a lot of threads about BU WBB, it's players, recruiting, game threads etc. We have a poster named slimecap from Dallas who posts a wealth of info and pictures on a daily basis. I suspect she averages at least 4 or 5 new things a day during the season. She also publishes many things about others teams and quite a few other posters do to. Our mastermind on WBB is Setshot. He played BB, coached BB and eats drinks and sleeps it. It's worth it just to read his informative posts even if you don't care for anything else.

And of course the best WBB forum is Boneyard (UConn). They are very informed fans up there and love to discuss anything BB related. I post on there quite frequently myself. It's amazing how much you can learn about Tennessee, Baylor, Notre Dame, Texas, Stanford etc on their board. I used to post a lot on Vol Nation and loved it back in the Pat Summit days. But now it is 90% negative about Holly Warlick. They have had it up to their nostrils with her and I really can't blame them.

Now back to Cyclone Fanatics. We just need the girls up there to keep winning. And the maindest thing is Bill needs to keep upgrading his recruiting. Then and only then will the twister sisters be able to challenge for a Big 12 title. Wouldn't it be great if the NCAA committee had a problem figuring out which team, BU or ISU deserved a #1 seeding. That'll be the day. Believe me, the best need to play the best. Iron sharpens Iron.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Amazing. Not one word about it. YOU WON!!!!

Almost 20 years since the Welle/Frese years and ISU being a legit Big 12 title contender.

Loving watching this team and have high hopes for a good ncaa seed and draw. Worried next year may be a huge drop off.