So much respect for Texas Tech coach

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
2nd favorite coach in the Big 12...tells it like it is and is a good way down the road in having a top conference team every year. This will be a tough home game when they come to Ames.

It will be. And he’s a great coach. Prohm, however, seems to have his number. Even with how bad we were last year, we blew them out at home.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I try to put Big 12 coaches into tiers from most liked to most hated...

Tier I- Chris Beard and Lon Kruger-- Beard is a great coach and very classy. Lon has done enough in this game to earn my respect and he's a good coach as well.

Tier 2- Huggins, Boyton,Smart-- I think Huggins is great. Sorta the Mike Leach of basketball in ways. Don't know Boyton enough to determine if I hate him yet. Smart is an OK guy in my eyes.

Tier 3- Dixon, Drew, Weber. They can get bent.

Tier 4- DESTROY KANSAS.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Wait, what..................ISU players and coach actually had something to do with why Tech didn't play their best? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Say it isn't so!

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
UCLA would be stupid to not give him a call. If I was Texas I would think about firing Smart and trying to get Beard. Texas has every advantage in the world, and he has still turned Texas Tech into a better program in less than 3 years.

Hoo boy, if he went to Texas they could be dominate. Challenge might be he doesn't seem to have any ego's on his squad. I think it is a requirement at Texas to have ego's on the squad.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
UCLA would be stupid to not give him a call. If I was Texas I would think about firing Smart and trying to get Beard. Texas has every advantage in the world, and he has still turned Texas Tech into a better program in less than 3 years.
Texas should hire Beard but they need to really back up the Brinks truck. He gets paid well at Tech.
UCLA needs to hire Musselman from Nevada.

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Helluva a coach and a classy guy. It is pretty crazy what he has done with that program in a short amount of time. I still hate tech but definitely a fan of Beard.

• Agree
Reactions: Rolling Clones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron