Little McCaffery's Status for Thursday

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Was this thread actually about an Iowa player possibly being suspended for tonight? I mean, I can't recall the last time in football or basketball any player was held out by the coach. So, this was just a joke I guess.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I sincerely don't understand how Fran has a job if they miss the tournament this year. I don't want him to leave, but I'm confident they wouldn't hire a better replacement anyway.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I sincerely don't understand how Fran has a job if they miss the tournament this year. I don't want him to leave, but I'm confident they wouldn't hire a better replacement anyway.
A lot of the Iowa talking heads claim that his buyout will prevent them from canning him. And don't get me wrong, it's a ridiculous buyout for a guy who has accomplished so little. That said, I can't imagine they'd keep around a guy who failed to make the NCAA tournament 3 years in a row. He's already taken a step backward from the meager plateau he'd attained. But missing 3 years in a row would be a death sentence almost anywhere else in the power 5. What the heck could he sell to recruits? I have a feeling that Iowa would find the money to get rid of him.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
A lot of the Iowa talking heads claim that his buyout will prevent them from canning him. And don't get me wrong, it's a ridiculous buyout for a guy who has accomplished so little. That said, I can't imagine they'd keep around a guy who failed to make the NCAA tournament 3 years in a row. He's already taken a step backward from the meager plateau he'd attained. But missing 3 years in a row would be a death sentence almost anywhere else in the power 5. What the heck could he sell to recruits? I have a feeling that Iowa would find the money to get rid of him.

I agree they would find the money. I'm surprised Barta still has a job, but if he is ever shown the door Fran would be right behind him.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I was about to suggest passing the KFC bucket for donations at Carver, but then you would have to have someone there, wouldn't you?

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
There were a ton of people in the SEZ bar area that is where I watched.

There was no one at the game. Apparently one of the ISU announcers estimated about 10,000 total in Jack Trice against Drake. I don’t blame fans for not going, considering the opponent and the weather, but don’t try to play it off as if the attendance was anything other than paltry. There were lots of empty seats for the Kansas State game, too.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

He'd have been fired a ways back if Lick hadn't invented a new level for low bars. Fran is John Wooden compared to Lick.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He'd have been fired a ways back if Lick hadn't invented a new level for low bars. Fran is John Wooden compared to Lick.

It's not like Steve Alford lit the world on fire there. Had a nice final season that ended in Steve Alford style.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I hadn’t really watched Connor before, but I kind of like him as a player. He knows what he’s doing out there. Give me Haliburton any day, but Connor isn’t bad.

I’m still trying to figure out what he does that I couldn’t go out and do. Bring the ball up. Make safe passes, point at random **** on defense, Have a terrible shooting form. He checks all my boxes.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I’m still trying to figure out what he does that I couldn’t go out and do. Bring the ball up. Make safe passes, point at random **** on defense, Have a terrible shooting form. He checks all my boxes.
You'd be a turnover machine :)

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
Is it just me or did mccaffery star in detroit rock city?

Attachments

• DRC.jpg
    DRC.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 4

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I hadn’t really watched Connor before, but I kind of like him as a player. He knows what he’s doing out there. Give me Haliburton any day, but Connor isn’t bad.

I take it you don't like defense

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Speaking of Defense, I'll be shaking my head for a couple months reminding myself they scored 98 on us.