Little McCaffery's Status for Thursday

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
tsIEeOK.gif

7FSlAjG.gif

Well done-- this got a chuckle out of me.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Am I reading this right?

And this is a hardship waiver, right? I'm sure it will go a long way in his case to say "oh yah I can't play on it, but it's fine against Iowa State."

So they basically jeopardized a full season of eligibility so he could play last night...?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
The whole Jacobson/Connor thing. Is there a history there...both Iowa kids. Did they play on the same AAU team at any time....

Just seemed like they were very familiar with each other....wondering if there's a back story here.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

ThriceHawk

Mar 21, 2018
Then tell me where I'm wrong. Watch the dust up with Jacobson. Jacobson is starting to walk away and Connor steps in front of him. There's no disputing that. He wanted to get in a dust up, which is fine, but it is what it is.

As for the end, I can agree Shayok shouldn't have been swatting at the ball. But my god it's not like an assault was committed. There wasn't even a foul. Again, Connor was involved in escalating it.

I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Getting under someone's skin is an art and an effective tool in basketball. But to pretend like he just somehow by chance wound up involved in these two dust ups and had no role in them is comical.

Might want to take your own advice on rewatching what happened. Jacobsen is "walking away" after standing over Pemsl and talking trash. All Connor does is give it back and stand up for Pemsl. Pemsl was an idiot for running in after. Then Prohm was an even bigger idiot for running in, pushing Iowa players instead of just grabbing his own guys, and then yelling at the Iowa coaches when he's the one half way across the court escalating things.

At the end, Iowa in bounds the ball and Shayok immediately shoulders Connor. Then continues swatting at Connor so CM shoves him off. Then Jacobsen has to jump in and swat the ball away.. it was pathetic.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And this is a hardship waiver, right? I'm sure it will go a long way in his case to say "oh yah I can't play on it, but it's fine against Iowa State."

So they basically jeopardized a full season of eligibility so he could play last night...?

That's my understanding from the tweet

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Might want to take your own advice on rewatching what happened. Jacobsen is "walking away" after standing over Pemsl and talking trash. All Connor does is give it back and stand up for Pemsl. Pemsl was an idiot for running in after. Then Prohm was an even bigger idiot for running in, pushing Iowa players instead of just grabbing his own guys, and then yelling at the Iowa coaches when he's the one half way across the court escalating things.

At the end, Iowa in bounds the ball and Shayok immediately shoulders Connor. Then continues swatting at Connor so CM shoves him off. Then Jacobsen has to jump in and swat the ball away.. it was pathetic.

I can't argue with someone this dull. "Stands over Pemsl"? Are you serious?

Jacobson is walking away. Connor, having nothing to do with the play, steps in front of him and shoves him. That's what happened.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You are missing the audio of what is being said.

There are two refs there and he didn't get T'd for what he said. I can't imagine it was that bad. Just admit Connor wasn't some innocent bystander and I'll be thrilled. I can admit Jacobson could have probably handled both situations a little better.

Reactions: dexterhawk

ThriceHawk

Mar 21, 2018
I can't argue with someone this dull. "Stands over Pemsl"? Are you serious?

Jacobson is walking away. Connor, having nothing to do with the play, steps in front of him and shoves him. That's what happened.

You act like Jacobsen did nothing when he's the one that started the whole thing. I have no problem with CM giving attitude back.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You act like Jacobsen did nothing when he's the one that started the whole thing. I have no problem with CM giving attitude back.

This is just where we agree to disagree. I don't see where he started anything. He was walking away. McAffrey jumped in front of him and shoved him. It wasn't physical until he decided to get involved.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron