ALAMO BOWL!!!!

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Valero Alamo Bowl: Iowa State at Washington State

i
i

(9 p.m. ET on ESPN at Alamodome in San Antonio)

It would have been great to see Uncle Rico (Gardner Minshew) and the Pirate (Mike Leach) in the New Year's Six, but this isn't a bad consolation. Iowa State is extremely well coached and boasts a solid defense led by lineman Ray Lima and others. But after struggling in a snowy Apple Cup, Minshew shines in the dome as the Cougars finish 11-2.

Prediction: Washington State 41, Iowa State 34

ESPN EXPECTS IT TO BE A CLOSE GAME

not if we bring the snow!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Leaving Wednesday and staying in Norman, OK. Coming back Monday and staying in Kansas City. Tickets purchased now just looking ofr activities for the family.

As a side note, if you want to tour the Alamo those tours are filling up pretty quickly. Book early.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Wife and I are driving all day the 26th and staying through the 30th at the Omni la Mansion Del Rio. Can't wait.

Reactions: aauummm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Leaving Wednesday and staying in Norman, OK. Coming back Monday and staying in Kansas City. Tickets purchased now just looking ofr activities for the family.

As a side note, if you want to tour the Alamo those tours are filling up pretty quickly. Book early.

That is if you want a guided one. Otherwise you can just walk around and read the postings about it. My kids and wife got bored with it. Probably an hour type thing.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
HELP

Buying tix through ISU, should I get lower level or club level, both 135? Positives/negatives?

I suppose it's just luck if you receive a corner seat vs right behind the endzone?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
HELP

Buying tix through ISU, should I get lower level or club level, both 135? Positives/negatives?

I suppose it's just luck if you receive a corner seat vs right behind the endzone?

wondering the exact same

Always go for the higher option in case you get bumped down (likely to happen) due to donation levels and donors above you.

• Agree
Reactions: ZB4CY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Jamie Pollard joked on the Coaches' Show about having a pep rally at Incarnate Word. Might it happen?

• Creative
Reactions: aauummm

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Better to drive extra 40 miles and save 3 minutes going through Oklahoma City or better to stay in Missery as long as possible and go through south of Tulsa?

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Think I'll leave Wednesday (really early) and plug away and drive all the way through. 3 of us going so not difficult to switch drivers. Get down their Wednesday night and have all day Thurs/Fri to do activities (drink beer).

Tickets purchased through cyclones.com-- always go with the higher option because like someone noted above, you're likely to get bumped down a notch or 2. Just be happy to get into the Alamodome and enjoy the atmosphere!

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Hopefully being an underdog as far as the media is concerned will help motive our players. Looking for our defense to be healthy again and holding that air raid offense to season lows.

ESPN - Washington State 41, Iowa State 34
247 Sports - Washington State 41, Iowa State, 34
SBNation - Washington State 32, Iowa State 25