We won't get Horton-Tucker for 4 years

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Figured I'd post a redux of the Wigginton thread last year. ;)

THT is such a fun player to watch. Incredible range, and playing above where I thought he'd be just a handful of games into his college career.

Going to be fun to watch him for however many years we have him, and during his NBA career.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
tenor.gif

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I was thinking the same thing during the 2nd half. If he plays like this many times, I'm afraid he could even be 1 and done. Of course, the dude's only 17 so it's pretty crazy - obviously some things to work on, but damn when he's good, he's good. WIth that being said, I selfishly hope he stays at ISU for 2 (or more) years and isn't a 1 and done. If he can work himself into a nice 1st round draft pick though, that's easy money and won't blame him for going.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I was thinking the same thing during the 2nd half. If he plays like this many times, I'm afraid he could even be 1 and done. Of course, the dude's only 17 so it's pretty crazy - obviously some things to work on, but damn when he's good, he's good. WIth that being said, I selfishly hope he stays at ISU for 2 (or more) years and isn't a 1 and done. If he can work himself into a nice 1st round draft pick though, that's easy money and won't blame him for going.
All the more reason the NBA would want him.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
THT isnt anywhere near ready for NBA after this year...HE’s not physically near ready. I love THT’s game but he’s 6’4 and needs to be more consistent with outside shooting which will come..

he will be here a minimum of 2 years..minimum.

Maybe not today but he just put up a dominant double double against a P5 team as a 17 year old playing his 5th game. If he strings many of these together, we'll see. The NBA doesn't draft based on the finished product.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is only one game, but if he can play anywhere similar to this in the Big 12, he could very well be a one and done. His game is really amazing. Just has a feel for the game.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I would set my over-under at 2.5 years.

He's young enough that he may benefit from staying 3 years. 2 wouldn't surprise me though.

If it somehow ends up 1, it probably means he plays the rest of the year, like he did tonight- and that works for me too

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
He'll be here for at least a couple years but he's definitely getting a shot at the next level. I would predict a body composition change similar to Niang prior to leaving.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I would set my over-under at 2.5 years.

He's young enough that he may benefit from staying 3 years. 2 wouldn't surprise me though.

If it somehow ends up 1, it probably means he plays the rest of the year, like he did tonight- and that works for me too

100% agree. He's going to dabble with the NBA combine then come back and tailor his resume to match what they want.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Im thinking the same track as Wiggy.
Test the waters and get feedback after year 1. Then dominate in year 2 and leave after that.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Just because he's not ready doesn't mean he won't go. With that in mind, I think it's pretty clear that he's a ways off. His ball handling is not near where it needs to be for an NBA SG. He's not particularly quick, and his shot seem's inconsistent. He seems like a guy that will score a ton of college points kinda like Niang, but with a higher NBA potential.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
What is wrong with THT’s body? He’s a bull. His unique body type is one of the keys to his game imo.

I see more Russell Westbrook than I do Niang in THT but he’s just a unique player with a unique body and a unique skillset.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What is wrong with THT’s body? He’s a bull. His unique body type is one of the keys to his game imo.

10-15 years ago the unique body and skill set would have been a bigger question than it is now.

If he can shoot from outside he has incredible measurables for a 17 year old.