We won't get Horton-Tucker for 4 years

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
After watching him drive the lane last night (and more tonight) I think his name should be pronounced Talen Horton-Trucker. He puts the hammer down and drives it home and you better not be in his way.

That’s what makes me think more Westbrook than Niang; The explosiveness with a crazy wingspan but kind of a lower center of gravity than everyone else.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just because he's not ready doesn't mean he won't go. With that in mind, I think it's pretty clear that he's a ways off. His ball handling is not near where it needs to be for an NBA SG. He's not particularly quick, and his shot seem's inconsistent. He seems like a guy that will score a ton of college points kinda like Niang, but with a higher NBA potential.

He'll be a 3 who can play inside and out. At 17 he's already as big or bigger than most NBA 2s.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That’s what makes me think more Westbrook than Niang; The explosiveness with a crazy wingspan but kind of a lower center of gravity than everyone else.

I think his frame is like young Barkley with less mass down low, at least for now. I'm not sure what Chuck looked like when he arrived at Auburn or when he was a HS senior.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Said it earlier but he reminds me of the type of player Michigan State usually has. Add in that LW and Lard are also the types that you see on other teams, and this looks like a legit basketball team if some keep their **** together and avoid injuries.

I'd think at least two season for THT and both have the potential to be really fun.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
He reminds me of Charles Barkley and Georges Niang combined. The only thing about his NBA future is, like Niang, which position does he fit into? Doesn't really seem like a shooting guard. Too small for a small forward??? Love to have him for 4 years like Georges.

This is what will keep him in college IMHO...he's a tweener in the NBA IMHO.

And as stupid and crazy as that sometimes is...NBA teams will focus on that.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't know how long he'll be at ISU but I am sure that however long that is it's going to be an amazing run. Special player and a unique talent.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
th

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
NEWS FLASH -

Zion Williamson to "only" play one year at Duke.

Yet, every team in the country would take him... strange.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This is what will keep him in college IMHO...he's a tweener in the NBA IMHO.

And as stupid and crazy as that sometimes is...NBA teams will focus on that.

I know the cliché has always been that the NBA does not value defense, but the modern game puts a ton of emphasis on it. They ask "who can he guard" first.

I love Talen, but he might end up too slow for guards and too short for posts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron