Oregon-Iowa basketball

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Good non conference win for Iowa nonetheless. Past few years they haven’t been able to win games like these.

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
I was pretty shocked given where Oregon's recruiting rankings have been, it certainly doesn't show in the guard play.
Their best recruit/best player (but not necessarily highest ranked) is out with an injury. Their highest ranked recruit sprained his ankle early and played sparingly. Also had cramping issues. They looked like they were down their 2 best players.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Looks like Fran is going back to what got him to the tourney last. Just try and force contact and go to the line every single possession. Fun basketball.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Nice win by Iowa, but from what I saw Oregon looks lost, disinterested, undisciplined, and overall like a bunch of guys with no plan other than to let their talented guys try to make an NBA hero ball move.

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The game in Iowa City will hopefully just be an exhibition to see how Lard is coming along in the line up. Not sure what people are seeing that makes them think Iowa's good but whatever.

Only thing that matters for ISU is if things are coming together by January.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Until I see some encouraging signs from Maui, I'll remain convinced that Iowa will be a handful for our young squad. I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, they will if we're without Wigginton (and since we will definitely be without Young). Full strength, I think it's a fairly easy game. Still winnable without our missing players, but definitely not easy.

Last edited:

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yeah, they will if we're without Wigginton (and since we will definitely be without Young). Full strength, I think it's a fairly easy game. Still winnable without our missing players, but definitely not easy.
A worse Iowa team smoked us there 2 years ago. I don't think its any more than a toss up game, if anything I'd favor Iowa.