Oregon-Iowa basketball

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Fran actually had a great gameplan, Oregon has talent but they have maybe one or two guys that are legit guards, the rest are undersized athletic slasher type of players. Iowa's zone was able to convince them they were shooters.

I'd be optimistic if I were an Iowa fan but there were still some glaring issues on defense, mainly, no shot blocking presence whatsoever. This was a against a very undersized Oregon team (sans Bol) that could not finish at the rim.

Wasn't Amin for Oregon interested in us when he transferred from AMCC? He led the Ducks in scoring last night but I'm not sure he'd crack our top 7. I remember hoping we'd get him, not sure what I was thinking.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Fran actually had a great gameplan, Oregon has talent but they have maybe one or two guys that are legit guards, the rest are undersized athletic slasher type of players. Iowa's zone was able to convince them they were shooters.

I'd be optimistic if I were an Iowa fan but there were still some glaring issues on defense, mainly, no shot blocking presence whatsoever. This was a against a very undersized Oregon team (sans Bol) that could not finish at the rim.

Wasn't Amin for Oregon interested in us when he transferred from AMCC? He led the Ducks in scoring last night but I'm not sure he'd crack our top 7. I remember hoping we'd get him, not sure what I was thinking.

He looked like Oregon's best player, fwiw. I was very unimpressed with Oregon's skill and athleticism. I wouldn't be surprised to see UConn get a lot of open threes and dunks today. Their guards looked like they were on a different level than Oregon's.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron