Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I don't get it. Literally every ESPN or Fox tweet about the game has replies from twitterhawks saying either "13-3" or "Still a Hawkeye state". They definitely have fans that cannot stand any ISU success. Hawk tears are delicious even when they won their own game the same day!

Years ago, Iowa State came back from like a 21-point deficit to beat Missouri. That same day Iowa won their game easily (not sure who they played). But the Register's lead story for Sunday was ISU's comeback win. Hayden, in his own Tuesday press conference, berated the media about that. "Good for ISU, but why were they down 21 points to begin with? You all are acting like this is something special. It wasn't. Good golly it was just one football game and you act like they won the conference title or something."

Of course I am paraphrasing what he said because there is no way I would remember it word for word, but it was along those lines. I mean, he barely talked about his own team winning in that press conference. He was so jealous that ISU for one day got more attention than the Hawks.

This is where the jealousy started, I believe.

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Years ago, Iowa State came back from like a 21-point deficit to beat Missouri. That same day Iowa won their game easily (not sure who they played). But the Register's lead story for Sunday was ISU's comeback win. Hayden, in his own Tuesday press conference, berated the media about that. "Good for ISU, but why were they down 21 points to begin with? You all are acting like this is something special. It wasn't. Good golly it was just one football game and you act like they won the conference title or something."

Of course I am paraphrasing what he said because there is no way I would remember it word for word, but it was along those lines. I mean, he barely talked about his own team winning in that press conference. He was so jealous that ISU for one day got more attention than the Hawks.

This is where the jealousy started, I believe.
Cool story

• Dislike
Reactions: CloneFan4

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Cool story

giphy.gif

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
It was 1989 and Iowa State trailed 21-0 in the second quarter. And I was wrong, Iowa lost to Ohio State on that same day. Maybe that is why Hayden chose to talk more about the media giving ISU more coverage that weekend

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was 1989 and Iowa State trailed 21-0 in the second quarter. And I was wrong, Iowa lost to Ohio State on that same day. Maybe that is why Hayden chose to talk more about the media giving ISU more coverage that weekend

Fry definitely came across as the guy with a 3 inch member who wanted everyone to believe he was John Holmes. Biggest baby of a coach I can think of. Supposed to have a psychology degree, but needed to use some of what he learned on himself to stop acting like a 16 year old.

• Winner
Reactions: ATCy

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Fry definitely came across as the guy with a 3 inch member who wanted everyone to believe he was John Holmes. Biggest baby of a coach I can think of. Supposed to have a psychology degree, but needed to use some of what he learned on himself to stop acting like a 16 year old.

Triggered!

• Agree
Reactions: benjimill

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Far from it, Fry was the biggest doucher ever. He made the tavern hawks what they are. He focused on the ISU severely, it was his super bowl. He is the reason that phrase gets bandied around.

Triggered so hard as to become delusional

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Triggered so hard as to become delusional

You guys always like to forget that Mac played and coached for fry. He told us about Fry's obsession with ISU. So this is what Mac said fry did. Fry was so obsessed that he had reference to beating ISU 365 days a year.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Know where you are dip ****! You’re making me feel bad for the hok fans that aren’t dumb enough to come whine in a “hoks are biggest whiners” thread.

I wanted to talk to Hawk obsessed ISU fans, and I found that place here. Thanks!

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You guys always like to forget that Mac played and coached for fry. He told us about Fry's obsession with ISU. So this is what Mac said fry did. Fry was so obsessed that he had reference to beating ISU 365 days a year.

You are confusing dominating with obsession. He liked to not just beat teams, he like to kick their teeth in and then kick them some more. He did the same thing to Northwestern and Wisconsin. I get it, I wouldn't like an ISU coach much if they did to Iowa what Fry did to you guys for so long.

• Creative
Reactions: srjclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You are confusing dominating with obsession. He liked to not just beat teams, he like to kick their teeth in and then kick them some more. He did the same thing to Northwestern and Wisconsin. I get it, I wouldn't like an ISU coach much if they did to Iowa what Fry did to you guys for so long.

Then why did he have reference to the ISU game in every office year around and not the other teams?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Wouldn’t you go on a hok site to find the ISU fans that post there to find the obsessed ones?

Why would I do that? This place has the biggest collection of Hawk obsessed ISU fans than anywhere else on the web. I mean there are thousands of Hawkeye obsessed posts in multiple different threads right on this site.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Why would I do that? This place has the biggest collection of Hawk obsessed ISU fans than anywhere else on the web. I mean there are thousands of Hawkeye obsessed posts in multiple different threads right on this site.

This seems like a stretch. I’d say you would have to be a lot more obsessed to register a username, verify via email, make an avatar, etc...and then post on a rivals site. That’s a lot of work. It would have to be an obsession to go to those levels.