Who Owns the Des Moines Market ISU or Iowa (Iowa says they do)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Honest question. Why can't ISU sell out Jack Trice if so many people in Des Moines are fans? Tickets are cheap, Ames is close, what is holding fans back from going to games?

ISU doesn’t routinely sell out because there is a good portion of fans that have been kicked in the nuts too many times and are gun shy about buying in. That and FB was so bad in the 80s and 90s that a lot of those alums never grew a connection to ISU FB. Not a lot of diehard fans coming out of that era.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
A bit off topic but this cracked me up. You know how schools have commercials for themselves during football games? Telling everyone how great they are and little knows facts about the university.

Iowa's commercial includes a shot to "the Bean" in Chicago. I know 30+ % of their students are from IL, but using an out of state landmark to promote your school?!?!? Come on Man!

What happened to "The University FOR Iowa" ad campaign they ran a few years ago?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I love these "who's is biggest" threads... Choose 1 hawk, choose 1 cyclone, photo their junk and put it on the web. Let the general public be the judge of it and save the electrons endlessly posting this crap.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I love these "who's is biggest" threads... Choose 1 hawk, choose 1 cyclone, photo their junk and put it on the web. Let the general public be the judge of it and save the electrons endlessly posting this crap.

Are you requesting dikpiks? I suggest they are DM'd to you. Not my cup of tea.

upload_2018-10-11_7-23-55.jpeg

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The original poster of this post wonders why the DM Register posts more ISU sports stories, I gave my reason why. Now they are saying they are out numbering ISU fans in DM. https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/dm-register-sports-has.246315/
In this digital world, The Register can see how many clicks every story gets. They run the stories that have more readers.

Does that prove ISU has more fans? Not necessarily, but it does likely show that Iowa State has more literate fans.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Honest question. Why can't ISU sell out Jack Trice if so many people in Des Moines are fans? Tickets are cheap, Ames is close, what is holding fans back from going to games?

Please show me any other school in the country besides Iowa State that sold out a game following a 2 or 3 win season. We've done that multiple times the past few years.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Based off of his GF's previous twitter posts, might I suggest Monte Morris for the cyclone?

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Please show me any other school in the country besides Iowa State that sold out a game following a 2 or 3 win season. We've done that multiple times the past few years.

Really, this is it for fan support. ISU has great attendance for their number of wins each year. It's really remarkable where they compare in this metric vs any other school.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I usually stay out of these in-state arguments but thought I would throw this out there. Which of these 30 schools is not like the others (Hint: One of them only had 7 wins over the previous 3 seasons). I think there are still more Iowa fans in the Des Moines area but that gap is narrowing quickly.

DVwya6AWsAEb50_.jpg:large

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I feel Iowa State has had Iowa against the ropes in the Des Moines / Central Iowa market ever since the Hoiberg hire and agree that it is a pretty close 50/50 split with an Iowa lean or toss up.

It’s pretty evident to me that Iowa State has all the buzz and momentum with the success of all the sports teams, increasing enrollment, Des Moines / Central Iowa expansion and job growth that by 2020 it will be a Cyclone hotbed if not sooner.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
66 of Iowa's 99 counties have more people that Choose ISU over Iowa.
ISU's enrollment is higher
More Iowa high school grads choose ISU then any other college.

So regardless of how many fans cheer for which school. ISU will have more fans if they already don't very very soon. Once all those kids have kids its doomsday for Iowa fans in terms of state numbers.

I guess IF Iowa has more fans currently, they are the most uneducated folk in the state. Just stating facts.

In regards to Des Moines... Dallas and Polk county have far more ISU students then Iowa. That is fact.
Ted, please work on then/than, your punctuation, and providing links for your stats. "Far more" is certainly not an accurate statement without any sort of statistical data.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron