Iowa St to host Incarnate Word Dec 1st

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think it means the athletic department knows we have no shot at making that game. But in case of a miracle or something I am sure we have a buyout for them.

There is apparently an out clause if we do make the game. So basically we are out nothing if we make the Championship.

I am befuddled that anyone can see this as anything more than making sure we regain a game we will win to replace the game we lost that would have been a win. That's it. If we need it, it's there. If we are in the Championship-- forget them.

Lookoverhere

Dec 9, 2015
Obviously, no one wanted ISU to be backed into this situation, but once we knew we needed to find an opponent for 12/1, this is EXACTLY the sort of team I wanted ISU to play -- a poor FCS team. Getting freshmen and other second-stringers involved will keep all of them more engaged in practices during the LONG month of November (at a point in the season when freshmen are used to being all done with football practice). Should help build team chemistry and morale. Give us a win - increased chances of a bowl if we need it -- hell, what if we are sitting at 9-2 - who wouldn't want a chance to get that 10th regular season win!

Great deal!

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Ok. Unusual but it's already been an unusual season so why not? I'm all for the younger guys getting actual game reps, and if this ends up being the game that gets them to six wins and the extra bowl practices then so much the better.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I honestly don't get the backlash from some people. Would you want to play a FBS school on Dec 1st if were sitting at 5-6 and needing a win for bowl eligibility?

Who the hell cares if its Incarnate Word. Complaining about wanting a 12th game and complaining about waivers being denies AND THEN complaining about getting a 12th game with an FCS school... holy hell people.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Great to have a game, just wish it was someone we had heard of, like North Texas. They are in the same league I think. Didn't Iowa play North Texas a couple years ago?

Good game to play the reserves and rest up for the bowl game. Need to go out and get the other 5 first.

• Disagree
Reactions: CywinLannister

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I would not love this if it was a regular scheduling practice, but in terms of salvaging a guaranteed win after the SDSU debacle, I am happy with it.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
Great to have a game, just wish it was someone we had heard of, like North Texas. They are in the same league I think. Didn't Iowa play North Texas a couple years ago?

Good game to play the reserves and rest up for the bowl game. Need to go out and get the other 5 first.

UNT is in Conference USA, no where near the same thing.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Will the Kansas State game still be senior game or is that moved to the Incarnate Word game?

Wow. Good question. There are lots of issues to be worked out. I hope they keep it with the K-State game because some families may have already made plans, plus we are more likely to have a great crowd for that game.