Biggest disadvantage in the CyHawk Series since 1980

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Are we walking into this game with the biggest disadvantage ever in the series? It's common knowledge teams improve the most from week one to week two. I can't think of any other time where either team had the deck stacked against them like this. Damn lightning
I honestly believe that Sam Richardson getting hit by a car while being our only QB ready to play a game was a the biggest disadvantage we have had to Iowa- at least to me. 2013.

The ISU rosters from 1983-1997 would be a close second.
This sucks but we can win

Reactions: KKramer

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Difference is, it IS Iowa’s Super Bowl. We have Oklahoma the following week. For all I know Iowa probably has their very stout protected rivalry with Rutgers. Haven’t and likely won’t look at Iowa’s future schedule though.
Exhibit A

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just don’t see it as that big a deal. If I see some hard evidence that it’s actually a disadvantage I’ll change my opinion. It’s all opinion st this point.

Your coach saying teams improve the most from week one to week two isn't hard enough evidence for you? Lol OK

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Your coach saying teams improve the most from week one to week two isn't hard enough evidence for you? Lol OK
I actually agree with you on this-both teams will have new stuff the other hasn’t seen-but having a game played that the other hasn’t, no doubt is somewhat of an advantage. No question.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I actually agree with you on this-both teams will have new stuff the other hasn’t seen-but having a game played that the other hasn’t, no doubt is somewhat of an advantage. No question.

Yep. To hear people argue otherwise is mind boggling

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Exhibit A

To what? That Iowa isn't our super bowl? That somehow there is an opponent tougher on our schedule than Iowa? Isn't possible is it? Typical Hawkroach. Who do you think CMC would rather beat..........team out east, or the vaunted Sooners? Winning every game is certainly the goal for everyone and losing in a rivalry game is never fun. But do you think the coaches or players are going to lose much sleep if somehow they slip up in their first game knowing what is coming the next week? Win or lose they will try and correct the mistakes, then flush this game down the toilet and prepare for the real season. And I would imagine warden Ferentz will do the same.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
To what? That Iowa isn't our super bowl? That somehow there is an opponent tougher on our schedule than Iowa? Isn't possible is it? Typical Hawkroach. Who do you think CMC would rather beat..........team out east, or the vaunted Sooners? Winning every game is certainly the goal for everyone and losing in a rivalry game is never fun. But do you think the coaches or players are going to lose much sleep if somehow they slip up in their first game knowing what is coming the next week? Win or lose they will try and correct the mistakes, then flush this game down the toilet and prepare for the real season. And I would imagine warden Ferentz will do the same.

Ok Cloney, don’t you think it’s possible tha Wisconsin is a tougher team than ISU? That Ferentz wouldn’t take a loss to ISU in return for a win over the Badgers, who Iowa plays two weeks later? A team tha is ranked above Oklahoma. Why is this Iowa's Super Bowl? There are nine more important games on the schedule for Iowa than ISU.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I'm a very optimistic fan. I thought we were an NIT caliber basketball team this last year! I was picking Iowa to win this game with or without this advantage only because of KF and how their program emphasizes this game. There is no question we're the more talented and better coached team (just like we were last year and lost)

Maybe Campbell should focus less on avoiding referring to Iowa by name, and more time prepping for them.

Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ok Cloney, don’t you think it’s possible tha Wisconsin is a tougher team than ISU? That Ferentz wouldn’t take a loss to ISU in return for a win over the Badgers, who Iowa plays two weeks later? A team tha is ranked above Oklahoma. Why is this Iowa's Super Bowl? There are nine more important games on the schedule for Iowa than ISU.

KF said the highlight of last season was beating Nebraska and Iowa State...

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Uh...the poster I was responding to said it was “Iowa’s Super Bowl”

mriowaniceguy

Sep 11, 2015
Difference is, it IS Iowa’s Super Bowl. We have Oklahoma the following week. For all I know Iowa probably has their very stout protected rivalry with Rutgers. Haven’t and likely won’t look at Iowa’s future schedule though.

ocEd5cT.jpg

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010
Clearly B. We don’t need a first game to beat Iowa. If Iowa spent all camp prepping for one game then that’s their problem. Honestly, if ISU played in the B1G West I might make that same decision.

So curious, to you and others. Ferentz said in the BTN visit to Iowa fall camp that he hadn’t and wouldn’t look at film or prepare for any opponent before that weeks game. You think that’s true? Is it true for any coach?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron