Biggest disadvantage in the CyHawk Series since 1980

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
So curious, to you and others. Ferentz said in the BTN visit to Iowa fall camp that he hadn’t and wouldn’t look at film or prepare for any opponent before that weeks game. You think that’s true? Is it true for any coach?

I think this game is VERY important to Ferentz and I absolutely think he has looked at film.

purplereign

Aug 29, 2018
I think this gives Iowa an advantage.

2 key postitions for ISU, MLB and C, will be playing the first extended snaps iof their career on the road in a rivalry game.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
CMC had the first game at Toledo postponed due to weather one year, the next game they beat a ranked Arkansas team that had a game under their belt. It's been a weird week already, I think it will be a weird game where the unexpected happens, and I'm feeling like the most unexpected thing would be for us to rout them at home. This will be the game that makes Iowa fans sign a petition to get Urban Meyer fired, they will hand deliver it by next weekend.

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

purplereign

Aug 29, 2018
CMC had the first game at Toledo postponed due to weather one year, the next game they beat a ranked Arkansas team that had a game under their belt. It's been a weird week already, I think it will be a weird game where the unexpected happens, and I'm feeling like the most unexpected thing would be for us to rout them at home. This will be the game that makes Iowa fans sign a petition to get Urban Meyer fired, they will hand deliver it by next weekend.

ISU hasn’t beaten Iowa by more than 3 points since 2005. I would be shocked if it’s a rout (14+ point difference) either way.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Are we walking into this game with the biggest disadvantage ever in the series? It's common knowledge teams improve the most from week one to week two. I can't think of any other time where either team had the deck stacked against them like this. Damn lightning

What do they do in practice?

• Creative

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why do the excuses start before the game is even played? Shouldn't they wait until after the loss?

Pointing out a disadvantage is not an excuse. Obviously I think we're all frustrated we don't have a game full or reps under our belt but adversity his this team earlier than anyone expected and I am excited to see how they respond to it

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
You can’t be serious

You can’t be serious...How do you think Iowa game would have gone if they played ISU last week? Given how piss poor Iowa started? This is why you play a game first to get all the jitters and kinks out...well ISU doesnt have that and they open in Kinnick vs a rival. It isnt only not ideal but a big disadvantage. iowa all week can review their game film and make adjustments and teach. ISU has none of that.

• Winner

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You can’t be serious...How do you think Iowa game would have gone if they played ISU last week? Given how piss poor Iowa started? This is why you play a game first to get all the jitters and kinks out...well ISU doesnt have that and they open in Kinnick vs a rival. It isnt only not ideal but a big disadvantage. iowa all week can review their game film and make adjustments and teach. ISU has none of that.

Bingo. I don't know why this is so confusing to some

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I think this gives Iowa an advantage.

2 key postitions for ISU, MLB and C, will be playing the first extended snaps iof their career on the road in a rivalry game.
This is a good point.

This would concern me more if ISU didn't have very experienced players standing on both sides of the MLB. I'm guessing they will try their best to not let Rose get matched up with either TE.

I'll be interested to see what position JGJ takes now that he is back. Campbell hinted it could be at any of T,G or C.

Aug 26, 2014
I watch a weak NIU team easily run the ball on Iowa. They had 0 passing game. If they would’ve run every down they could’ve beaten Iowa. But instead they tried to pass and their defense got tired. We have a passing game and the fighting chicken’s offense is putrid. 31-13 Clones!
It will only be that close because of some rust on our part.

purplereign

Aug 29, 2018
This is a good point.

This would concern me more if ISU didn't have very experienced players standing on both sides of the MLB. I'm guessing they will try their best to not let Rose get matched up with either TE.

I'll be interested to see what position JGJ takes now that he is back. Campbell hinted it could be at any of T,G or C.

It would also give me a little comfort, if I were an ISU fan, that Rose is right behind Lima who should take up some attention from the Iowa OL.

If I was BF, I would try and attack with Hockensen right up the seam for the very reason you pointed out above.

purplereign

Aug 29, 2018
I watch a weak NIU team easily run the ball on Iowa. They had 0 passing game. If they would’ve run every down they could’ve beaten Iowa. But instead they tried to pass and their defense got tired. We have a passing game and the fighting chicken’s offense is putrid. 31-13 Clones!
It will only be that close because of some rust on our part.

NIU averaged 2.8 yards per carry against Iowa. Plus, we are getting half of our DT’s back that we’re missing from the 2 deeps last week because of suspension.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nothing can trump the fact that ISU will not suspend their players for the Iowa game to prove that this is ISU's Super Bowl.

giphy.webp

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron