Biggest disadvantage in the CyHawk Series since 1980

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are we walking into this game with the biggest disadvantage ever in the series? It's common knowledge teams improve the most from week one to week two. I can't think of any other time where either team had the deck stacked against them like this. Damn lightning

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Are we walking into this game with the biggest disadvantage ever in the series? It's common knowledge teams improve the most from week one to week two. I can't think of any other time where either team had the deck stacked against them like this. Damn lightning

Fortunately for Iowa they had game 1. Offensively they looked unimpressive.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Iowa was definitely not good week one, but they were likely overlooking a weak MAC opponent to their game with us. If the Iowa State logo wasn’t on our jersey I’d say I think we still win. But when you figure how up for this game they will be plus the rust we will have it’s going to be almost impossible for us. We are usually at a big disadvantage because Iowa prepares all offseason for us, but this really makes it worse.

Last edited:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
upload_2018-9-3_11-7-45.jpeg

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It's not an excuse when it's a blatant disadvantage
No injuries. Players chomping at bit to play. Iowa no look at new guys. All of our suspended players back. Iowa fans unrealistic expectations after 3-o half-time lead. Seeing niu how pushed herky the turkey around first half etc.

Quit making excuses.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Fortunately for Iowa they had game 1. Offensively they looked unimpressive.

Right..which is why you play first game vs a NIU team that appears solid but their QB and offense in general was not good.

I’m pretty confident Stanley will go off this week after a shaky week 1 and be like 30/35 and 5 tds or soemthing ridiculous then return to earth.

Not having played a game vs a team that has...on the road...is a huge disadvantage. Think about what Iowa gets worked out...fixed the MLB spot...Found their RB..(t Young).. etc...etc..etc..

We play that first game vs Iowa and i’m Going with ISU by 14+ honestly...Iowa offense and passing game was not good and their middle defense was not great (although missing 2 DT’s).. We would have lit up middle of that field.

Now Iowa corrects all that and kicks off this Saturday a lot more comfortable.