Jamie Pollard's Sunday letter to Cyclone fans

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I thought it was conspicuous that Jamie's very long message addressed everything except the refund issue. It seems like they should handle this the same as a major league baseball game that is rained out. He should have told fans to hold onto their ticket stubs for admission into a potential reschedule game. If he charges admission to all of those fans, there will be heck to pay.

It was an event out of anyone's control. Consider it a donation to the program and move on.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It seems like they should handle this the same as a major league baseball game that is rained out.
Well, y’know, one slight difference is that A. MLB if for profit, and more importantly, B. MLB be has a whole lot more flexibility in rescheduling games. Between simply playing a doubleheader to picking an open date months later, that saves logistical issues that college football has to face squarely.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I thought it was conspicuous that Jamie's very long message addressed everything except the refund issue.....

Agree. Even if nothing is in the works and JP considers this a donation, he could at have at least said so.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Well, y’know, one slight difference is that A. MLB if for profit, and more importantly, B. MLB be has a whole lot more flexibility in rescheduling games. Between simply playing a doubleheader to picking an open date months later, that saves logistical issues that college football has to face squarely.

Well you know, collegiate football is a for profit enterprise as well. Jamie is in the entertainment business and he's incredibly fortunate to be blessed with the most loyal fan base in the country (that's not an exaggeration) I'm not saying he's going to do this, but if he decides to stiff all of us who attended the cancelled game, that sends a really bad message.

jeff0514

Apr 12, 2006
Ankeny, ia
Very disappointed that the letter didn't at least tell fans to hold onto their tickets for use in the event they schedule a replacement game. That leads one to believe they aren't really planning on scheduling a replacement.

Reactions: Cdiedrick

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Apparently you’re unaware of the definition of “for profit”.
I'm very aware of the definition. While collegiate football hides under the guise of their host institutions' non profit status, everyone knows it's a multi-billion dollar industry. So much so, that the conference realignment issues have prompted Congress to start talking openly about the possibility of removing collegiate athletics' tax exempt status.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm very aware of the definition. While collegiate football hides under the guise of their host institutions' non profit status, everyone knows it's a multi-billion dollar industry. So much so, that the conference realignment issues have prompted Congress to start talking openly about the possibility of removing collegiate athletics' tax exempt status.
Feel free to tell me what stockholders are being paid this “profit”. Trying to make as much money as you can in an attempt to cover expenses and infrastructure, and operating for profit are not the same thing.

Anything beyond that belongs in the Cave, and I won’t go there.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

From an Omaha World Herald article it sounded like JP had said he was targeting a FCS opponent for the Oct. 20 bye week. Any mention of this on the radio show?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron