Ferentz's Emphasis on the ISU Game

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Can you really call it a rivalry game when Iowa has won 10 of the last 15?

giphy.gif

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
Safe to say it's a rivalry when your coach plays injured players and players that should be suspended in it. I'm not sure CMC considers it a rivalry though

Wait Iowa is in CMC’s head to the point where he refers to us the Team Out East and you are not sure he considers it a rivalry?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wait Iowa is in CMC’s head to the point where he refers to us the Team Out East and you are not sure he considers it a rivalry?

You have a coach that says Those Guys in Ames and is known for tirades for how much he hates ISU and you wonder if it's a rivalry?

How are you getting along with folks on the Purdue boards this afternoon?

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
You have a coach that says Those Guys in Ames and is known for tirades for how much he hates ISU and you wonder if it's a rivalry?

How are you getting along with folks on the Purdue boards this afternoon?

Purdue doesn’t have a forum devoted to Iowa the way it is here.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
MI-OSU is something like 15-5 OSU the last 20 years.

They should really do away with that game and not make the entire conference schedule revolve around it.

Prefer to look at the 15-2 record for OSU in the past 17 years ;) and 13 of the past 14!

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
And just how did you find out about this one, and then proceed to come to it and add to it?

This has been mentioned on Chris Williams radio show. I didn’t believe it could have been as it has been described but seeing is believing.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This has been mentioned on Chris Williams radio show. I didn’t believe it could have been as it has been described but seeing is believing.

You listen to Chris Williams's show?

How do you say it's not a rivalry when you listen to the other team's media people?

I couldn't even tell you who the media person is for Hokdom.

What do you think of Homer and Gabe?

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
You listen to Chris Williams's show?

How do you say it's not a rivalry when you listen to the other team's media people?

I couldn't even tell you who the media person is for Hokdom.

What do you think of Homer and Gabe?

His radio show called the Sports Fanatics covering Iowa, iSu, Drake and UNI. I can see how you are confused though.

• Funny
Reactions: rholtgraves

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
His radio show called the Sports Fanatics covering Iowa, iSu, Drake and UNI. I can see how you are confused though.

I've honestly never head of that...only read CW's stuff here and an occasional podcast.

Interesting you were intrigued enough to come to a site and argue with other teams' fans.

You forgot to answer--what's your feelings on Homer and Gabe?

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Of course Iowa-Iowa State is a rivalry, but much moreso to those guys in Ames. CMC has stated publicly that he is emulating Iowa’s program, and that beating Iowa is the program’s top goal. To say that game is CMC and Iowa State’s Super Bowl would be the understatement of the century.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Of course Iowa-Iowa State is a rivalry, but much moreso to those guys in Ames. CMC has stated publicly that he is emulating Iowa’s program, and that beating Iowa is the program’s top goal. To say that game is CMC and Iowa State’s Super Bowl would be the understatement of the century.

He's also said he's emulating other programs such as Boise State but you don't see their fans here.