What music are you listening to right now?

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)

Dammit if every note in this song isn't perfectly placed and inflected... And good enough to be Garrison's pick for his grand finale broadcast... I might love these ladies more than even him, though.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Greta Van Fleet, Matthew West, and Imagine Dragons. How's that for a strange combination?

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Old 97's and Lily Hiatt, they play October 17th at Wooly's.

I also found myself down a rabbit-hole with the recent deaths in Husker Du and Charles Bradley...

Last edited:

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
It's been a pretty frenetic day at work. I was in a bad mood this morning, so I only played Run the Jewels and Rage Against the Machine.

Things have slowed this afternoon, so my current playlist has Dan Auerbach, Iron & Wine, Deer Tick, Shovels & Rope.
Love Run the Jewels!

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Love Run the Jewels!

Just saw them a couple of weeks ago in KC! Someone had said that they were going to be at the Buzz Beach Ball festival in the Summer Concert Thread here, and I went bananas and dragged Janny down for the whole thing just because of them. They were just incredible - they had the entire place bouncing.

Reactions: cyclonpediaJoe

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I have today off work so I have been listening to Foy Vance with my morning coffee.

A few favorites:

Reactions: clonedude

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I have a couple things going on today. I recently saw the movie "I Can Only Imagine", so I am discovering a little MercyMe. I will also be listening to some of the new Jack White album today.

BTW, the movie "I Can Only Imagine" is really good. I went in with no expectations, and didn't know the story ahead of time. It was great.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Re-doing daughter's bedroom, while priming and painting I've been listening to Ludovico Einaudi. Beautiful stuff and steadies the hand.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
My current play list includes Greta Van Fleet, Led Zeppelin, Black Keys, Nathaniel Ratliff, Alabama Shakes and Rival Sons.

Hell yeah, that's pretty much what I'm listening to.

Going to see both Greta Van Fleet and Nathaniel Ratliff later this year, can't wait!

• Friendly

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
My latest additions have been 3 recent Buckethead Pikes: The 5 Blocks, The Squaring of the Circle, and Fourneau Cosmique. (FYI - Bucket fans can download many of the hundreds of 30~ minute Pikes from Bandcamp at $2 a pop right now, including lossless versions.) Hair-raising stuff.

Also Rock Candy Funk Party - The Groove Cubed; Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters - The Luckiest Man; and Samantha Fish - The Belle of the West.

I tried the imitation Zeppelin band and it didn't really stick for me.

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
If you're a Strokes fan, Julian Casablancas' new band, The Voidz, came out with a new album today. I haven't listened to it yet, so can't comment on if it's good. But the single 'Leave it in my Dreams is good'.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you're a Strokes fan, Julian Casablancas' new band, The Voidz, came out with a new album today. I haven't listened to it yet, so can't comment on if it's good. But the single 'Leave it in my Dreams is good'.

I've been listening to them the past few weeks, too - they've been on my New Music Radar on Spotify. I really like them, but was also a huge Strokes fan. It's a little more... grand, maybe, than Strokes?

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Stevie Ray Vaughn, his cover of Little Wing.

I'm sure you have already, check out the Derek and the Dominoes (Eric Clapton) version. It's the my personal favorite version.

That being said, I have classical on right now... Helps me stay focused for work. But not too much, seeing that I am posting here instead of working...

Reactions: Turn2 and jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron