Oh, Charles...

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Friend was on a biz trip to Philly. Told lady he was from Iowa and she kept saying you mean Ohio. No, Iowa. "I've never heard of that. Is it in the US? Is it just a province, or what?"

• Funny
Reactions: 2Xclone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Friend was on a biz trip to Philly. Told lady he was from Iowa and she kept saying you mean Ohio. No, Iowa. "I've never heard of that. Is it in the US? Is it just a province, or what?"

I just... I don't... wow. Some people are just so freaking stupid.

I feel dumb because I can't recite all of the state capitols from memory any more. I can't imagine if I didn't know what was a state or not.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I just... I don't... wow. Some people are just so freaking stupid.

I feel dumb because I can't recite all of the state capitols from memory any more. I can't imagine if I didn't know what was a state or not.
When I think about how shockingly dumb some people are -- many adults can't follow the simplest of directions -- it amazes me more people don't die in household accidents. Think about all the stupid ways you could kill yourself just around your own house: mixing the wrong OTC drugs, mixing the wrong household chemicals (bleach and ammonia), just to name a couple. I can't believe more people don't show up on the Darwin Awards.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My brother had a couple of guys in boot camp ask him if Iowa was in the US. But that was boot camp and they don't always get the sharpest tools in the shed.

My 9 year old can name every state in the union, can recognize them by their outline and place them correctly on a blank map of the US. He can also generally name all of the capitals but he does need a clue from time to time. And he has been able to do this for a couple of years now. All of this and they are just starting to really dig into states at his school. He pretty much just taught himself.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
My brother had a couple of guys in boot camp ask him if Iowa was in the US. But that was boot camp and they don't always get the sharpest tools in the shed.

My 9 year old can name every state in the union, can recognize them by their outline and place them correctly on a blank map of the US. He can also generally name all of the capitals but he does need a clue from time to time. And he has been able to do this for a couple of years now. All of this and they are just starting to really dig into states at his school. He pretty much just taught himself.

Yeah, well my 2 yr old counted to 11 yesterday. Suck it.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I don't think Charles is really that stupid. I think he misspoke and clowned with it. He certainly doesn't take himself very seriously.
Agreed. I think it's mostly shtick with Charles.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I feel dumb because I can't recite all of the state capitols from memory any more.

I usually can get all the capitals, but i can't do it in a short time-frame. I'll get 80% or so within a few minutes, then random states trip me up (and it isn't always the same states).

For example, I took this Sporcle quiz, and required 9 of the 10 minutes to get all 50.

U.S. capitals map quiz

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I usually can get all the capitals, but i can't do it in a short time-frame. I'll get 80% or so within a few minutes, then random states trip me up (and it isn't always the same states).

For example, I took this Sporcle quiz, and required 9 of the 10 minutes to get all 50.

U.S. capitals map quiz

Aced this quiz back in 8th grade; today I missed

Helena, Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Pierre, Jefferson City, Frankfort, Columbia, Charleston, Harrisburg, Hartford, Providence, & Concord

businessman-sitting-in-office-corner-wearing-dunce-cap-picture-id494558503

• Funny
Reactions: cyclones500

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
When I think about how shockingly dumb some people are -- many adults can't follow the simplest of directions -- it amazes me more people don't die in household accidents. Think about all the stupid ways you could kill yourself just around your own house: mixing the wrong OTC drugs, mixing the wrong household chemicals (bleach and ammonia), just to name a couple. I can't believe more people don't show up on the Darwin Awards.
Once, after I'd told someone I'm from Iowa they asked if it was cool growing up by the mountains.

As Carlin said (paraphrase), "Think of how dumb the average American is...now consider that half of them are dumber than THAT"!

Charles was clowning but if you've ever lived out east you find out how ignorant people are of anything west of the State of New York.