Votes: 31 16.8%

• Total voters

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
For the most part, hate depends on the day and the season. But generic, overall distaste for an athletic department? I'm going to have to go with Baylor for the crap that has gone down there over the years, from the men's basketball scandal to the football rape culture to the ***** queen that coaches their women's basketball team.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
There are too many to choose from for so, so many reasons. I literally can't decide. Can I say it's a tie between Baylor, Texas, Kansas, AND West Virginia (for the look-the-other-way athletic department, insane wealth, hoops fans, and s****y fans in general, respectively)? The rest I generally dislike (unless they're playing Kansas in hoops), but won't go so far as to say 'hate.'

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Baylor by far. Scott Drew may be the only thing about their athletic program I don't despise. And Kim Mulkey is just awful.

Every university has a percentage of ******* fans, but I have met decent fans from every university as well. I've had the best overall interactions with OSU, KSU, TCU and TECH, with OSU and TCU fans being the coolest as a whole. I've had limited interaction with Texas fans so I don't have the hate for them that others do.

I've actually had pretty good conversations with OU fans as well. But Boomer Sooner keeps me from liking them. It's a special level of annoying to me.

• Agree
Reactions: KnappShack

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
It used to be Mizzou, but living in KC now, it's hands down KSU. I actually have had decent conversations with KU fans, plus they are only relevant for half the year. KSU fans are too much like Iowa fans where they have an inflated view of their worth, and it's highly annoying. There is a particular poster on here who is my Exhibit A.

I was just about to post that I've had good conversations with KU fans each year I've been to the Big 12 tournament, and now I don't know what to believe anymore.

Still rooting for Chris Beard and Tech to knock them off the mantle this year.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You could have put KU and then everyone else for the 2nd choice. My hatred for KU basketball bleeds over into all of their other sports.
This.

KU would be in 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

I will note that Longhorn football is building momentum in Football hatred with PeeWees latest spewings.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Pretty hard to hate KU if you are going to lump all sports together. Can't do much but pity the KU FB program at this point. They are pretty much like Iowa MBB at this point, but at least their fans know they suck.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Voted Texas after thinking a while.
KU for MBB but overall the rich entitled T-shirt Longhorn fan took the gold.

Edit: And I used to really like Mack Brown, since he's gone it makes it much easier to let the H8 flow through me.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Baylor covered up rape.

This is an easy one. I not only hate Baylor I believe they should be kicked out of the conference.

A ******* embarrassment to our league

Curious, do you hold the same opinion of Penn State and Michigan State? The cover ups at each of these schools went on much longer, decades, than at Baylor and the actual crimes were committed by faculty members not students. The crimes were also against minors. Baylor definitely did wrong, but to me their transgressions pale in comparison to PSU in particular. Just seems over the top and inconsistent.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyclones360

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
KU, WV, and Baylor in basketball.

Texa$, K State, and Baylor in football.

So I have to go with Baylor for their cumulative score.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Curious, do you hold the same opinion of Penn State and Michigan State? The cover ups at each of these schools went on much longer, decades, than at Baylor and the actual crimes were committed by faculty members not students. The crimes were also against minors. Baylor definitely did wrong, but to me their transgressions pale in comparison to PSU in particular. Just seems over the top and inconsistent.

It seems like Baylor might be a better fit in the B1G than the Big IIXII.

To answer the poll - where is the "refs" option?

• Funny
Reactions: CNECloneFan

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha

All those schools should be punished - hard.

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
I’ve become a big fan of ISU since the Big 12 formed. Honestly, I think you have one of the top 3 fan bases in the conference. I really mean that so I fervently root for ISU when playing any team but Tech. That said, I’m a little disappointed nobody crapped on my Red Raiders in this thread. :D And I still miss my avatar! :mad:

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

I find no room for nuance in any of those situations. The question was about our conference. Baylor is a complete embarrassment to our league and should be removed.

A death penalty to all of the schools you listed isn't even strong enough.

Reactions: carvers4math

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Very interesting question. We've sucked at football for so long that any hate there was diluted through all the beat downs by most members.

We've been competitive in bball so any one-sided ledger was avenged eventually in Hilton.

If Nebby was still in the league it wouldn't be close. But if there is one team and fanbase that needs to get their comeuppance it's Kansas. **** Kansas. They must be destroyed.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I’ve become a big fan of ISU since the Big 12 formed. Honestly, I think you have one of the top 3 fan bases in the conference. I really mean that so I fervently root for ISU when playing any team but Tech. That said, I’m a little disappointed nobody crapped on my Red Raiders in this thread. :D And I still miss my avatar! :mad:

I’ve never really had a strong opinion of Tech either way. I will say that Chris Beard is a very easy coach to like.