*** Official West Virginia Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Great win tonight! I think we still have several WTF games left in us this year, but you can see flashes here and there, which is very encouraging. This team is still so inexperienced that they'll have off nights, but I really like the guys we'll have coming back and the new guys coming in. 2 OT losses away from being 5-4 in the league, which is a meat grinder.
Go Cyclones!

Last edited:

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Kudos to the players & staff. Good & experienced teams we’ve had experience peaks & valleys, but not too large of ones. This year’s young & inexperienced team has us on a roller coaster. It’s nice to see the fruit of their work & preparation result in games like tonight minus the team leader in NWB.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not to get too crazy, but does a say 19 win team from the B12 have a shot at an at large this year?

If they win the next 7 games that would be a lot of really good wins and I'd think they'd have to have strong consideration.

Not going to happen though.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Some of our best teams have really struggled against WVU. This is not our best team, I am so ******* happy for these guys.

• Agree
Reactions: StratCY

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
If they win the next 7 games that would be a lot of really good wins and I'd think they'd have to have strong consideration.

I was thinking 5 more regular season wins and a 2 game run in the tourney. Not saying it's going to happen, but certainly plausible.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Well these guys made me look like an idiot. Happy about that. Good job by them

Didn't you give me 30 points and bet me $100? :) It seems the team was as frustrated as you. Figured after being embarrassed on Saturday figured they would have more fight..

WV has not been playing well for 3 weeks.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It'd be 7-3 or 7-4. Still unlikely, but not the craziest scenario.

Have to win next one @Baylor for even the slim hope to be worth discussing.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Hell of an effort by everybody. Really enjoyed how they played free and in space. I really like what Talley can bring to this team. Think the way WV plays might have actually helped, they could just kind of go out and play and run and not worry about a lot of other stuff.

Crazy they could pull this off, and just kick the living s**t out of them. Those two OT losses really hurting them right now, it's the difference between being on the bubble and not under consideration.

Something is wrong with WV, not a typical WV effort tonight, they really struggling right now. They look tired, not crashing the boards like they usually do either. Regardless, I figured this was a 20 point loss all year long, and it went 20 points the other way.

Either way, sneak out a couple more wins in Big 12 play and I will be pretty happy with how this year has gone. Lot to build on, next year's team will have a ton of holes again, but lot of good things to work with here.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick