*** Official West Virginia Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
He could have hit on some higher quality grad transfers for this year is the only miss he really had. But not going to make a big deal about that. Team would have been flawed either way, but Brown/Igor might have covered some of those gaps.

Pretty unbelievable roster rebuild to be honest - getting some pretty high impact freshman/recruits in short time. The great recruiting class miss of Custer/Tsamp was the big hole here.

Pretty pumped for the future of the program.

The only guys we really missed on in the spring were Juiston and Koulechov (who never even visited so probably wasn't realistic to begin with.) No one else we were in on is having a big impact. Elijah Brown is solid but I'm not sure he would start over Jackson or Wigginton. He definitely would not have been the difference between making the tournament and not making it.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The only guys we really missed on in the spring were Juiston and Koulechov (who never even visited so probably wasn't realistic to begin with.) No one else we were in on is having a big impact. Elijah Brown is solid but I'm not sure he would start over Jackson or Wigginton. He definitely would not have been the difference between making the tournament and not making it.

Missed Juiston in my list.
Would have had probably a fringe tournament team.
He tried and missed... but not for a lack of effort.

Getting some more PT to these younger guys as a result.
Frankly i'm over just making the tournament for the sake of making the tournament.
No reason to sacrifice long term development for a potential 12 seed that at best can go two rounds.
Hopefully the PT and learning curve afforded these young guys along with recruiting class can get big 12 championship level and ready for a deep run.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Having any guard depth, particularly now that NWB is out for a week or two (or more), would have been pretty welcome, even if he did not start.

Juiston would be undoubtedly starting.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sometimes I struggle understanding some peoples' mindsets when it comes to recruiting. Any 'miss' by a coach is a failure? Any top recruit is going to have multiple top schools after him. All but one of those schools is going to 'miss'. Do we call a major league batter a failure when he doesn't get a hit two thirds of the time? No, that guy is usually referred to as an All-Star or future hall of famer.