Friday OT #2 - What's In the Box?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
IMO, the best movie ever made........

This scene was illuminating for Schindler, because he finally stops to realize that he had been protecting these people, after all, and not just being a war profiteer. A very graphic and terrible subject, but in the end a message of hope and salvation.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The B-25's taking off in Catch 22. Needs a big screen and LOUD speakers for full effect but it's one of the great aviation scenes of all time. No CGI, seventeen real B-25's in 1970. The transition from roaring engines to quiet enough to hear that bird chirping is something that is more fitting to a David Lean movie that this otherwise quirky movie. Well, except for the Yossarian finger flip. :)

Reactions: SCyclone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I can never narrow these things down.

1. Opening scene in Up. The old man’s beautiful love story with his wife.
2. Another opening scene during credits in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The beautiful “Moon River” by Mancini. Audrey in the gown with the pastry.
3. Guardians of the Galaxy. Dance off!
4. Ferris Bueller. When Jeanie helps Ferris and sticks it to the principal at the end.
5. Singin’ in the Rain. Kelly’s dance to title song.
6. Empire Strikes Back.”No. I am your father.”
7. The Princess Bride. When Buttercup finally realizes it’s Wesley when she pushes him down the slope and he yells, “As you wish!”

Edit cause I forgot:

8. End scene in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles with “Every Time You Go Away.”

Reactions: Angie and cyhiphopp