Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
10.5 seems like a lot for a team that isnt too good defensively in TCU. I dont think we will win, but do think this is a 4-5 point game.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
TCU could dominate us all game by 15-20 and then we could hit a couple 3s late and lose by 9....seems too big of a line for a tight conference.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I don't see us getting blown out. They're sitting at 1-4 in the conference, just like us.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
TCU's conference record isn't great but their 4 losses have been KU at home, Oklahoma at home, Oklahoma on the road and Texas on the road. They have lost those 4 games by a total of 11 points.

That being said, with our defense improving, I think we stay within 10 with a reasonable chance at an upset if we are hitting our shots. I'm hoping Solo is tasked with keeping Brodziansky under control. I think Lard would pick up too many quick fouls against him, and we need him out there.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I'm hoping Solo is tasked with keeping Brodziansky under control. I think Lard would pick up too many quick fouls against him, and we need him out there.
Brodziansky is a big that can shoot. I hope whoever is on him is ready to guard him from deep. Solo struggled with Wade, and that dude from Texas.

I would think Lard would be the better candidate to guard shooting bigs, because he is more athletic and can recover faster. However, he is the less experienced of the two, and pulling him out top, opens up the rim more.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm a shameless homer, but that's high. I don't necessarily think ISU will win - TCU has been thisclose against some really good teams and I think they'll probably break through tonight - but the Cyclones will give them a run and keep it within seven or so.

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Brodziansky is a big that can shoot. I hope whoever is on him is ready to guard him from deep. Solo struggled with Wade, and that dude from Texas.

I would think Lard would be the better candidate to guard shooting bigs, because he is more athletic and can recover faster. However, he is the less experienced of the two, and pulling him out top, opens up the rim more.

I like Solo on him because he tends to get better position quicker and deny the pass. At this point, I also think Solo also is better at boxing out and preventing those garbage put-backs that killed us in FWTX last year. After that first meeting where Brodziansky lit us up, Young seemed like he made it his personal mission to shut him down. And like you said, I'd much rather keep Lard in the paint rather than chasing Brodziansky around the perimeter.

I'm curious to see how the game plays out. The guys seems to play a little looser on the road. Hopefully that translates to some offensive success. I assume Wiggi will be matching up on Fisher when TCU has the ball, and that could be a fun one.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jbindm

zimman18

Apr 7, 2006
www.drinkingrisk.com
This is one of those head scratching, bet the farm lines that never goes like you think. Something’s off on the line, and everything says take Clones... in these incidents, you bet opposite. With that said... I’m taking the cyclones!

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I like Solo on him because he tends to get better position quicker and deny the pass. At this point, I also think Solo also is better at boxing out and preventing those garbage put-backs that killed us in FWTX last year. After that first meeting where Brodziansky lit him up, Young seemed like he made it his personal mission to shut him down. And like you said, I'd much rather keep Lard in the paint rather than chasing Brodziansky around the perimeter.

I'm curious to see how the game plays out. The guys seems to play a little looser on the road. Hopefully that translates to some offensive success. I assume Wiggi will be matching up on Fisher when TCU has the ball, and that could be a fun one.
You're probably right. TCU is a bit of tricky matchup, because their lineup is pretty non traditional. Brodzianski and Fisher get talked about, but imo their best player is still Kenrich Williams, a 6-7 guard. He's averaging 15 and 9. Plus they still start JD Miller, a 6-8 forward.

So my guess:
Wigginton - Fisher
Jackson - Bane 6-5
Babb - Williams
Lard - Miller
Solo - Brodziansky

With the idea of really challenging Wigginton to keep Fisher out of the lane. If you remember, Fisher roasted Morris down there last year.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Obviously Brodzianski (sp?) is the key match-up. Neither Solo nor Lard is up to the task, methinks. Talley might be a better option, but he offers little on the offensive end. That said, I am in agreement with those who believe 10.5 is too much. Give me our boys all the way.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I would take ISU to cover but I think TCU wins. Then I think ISU comes back with the upset over Tech.