I'm doing a podcast with Campbell tomorrow...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I was hoping to see some coaches and players out after the game as well. I figured after the game they'd come out. Or maybe I just didn't see them. Rhoads and the team came out the night before I think in 2012... maybe that's why we got our **** pushed in the next day

I saw tweets of people getting pictures with players like Kyle Kempt that night. So you probably just missed them.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
In addition to Montgomery, were there some guys that will back next year that were great culture change guys behind the scenes?

Can we expect to see multiple RB formations, Kene in the slot, etc to get all these guys touches?

Reactions: Cyclonic1

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I was hoping to see some coaches and players out after the game as well. I figured after the game they'd come out. Or maybe I just didn't see them. Rhoads and the team came out the night before I think in 2012... maybe that's why we got our **** pushed in the next day

You obviously didn't go to the right bar. The only busy one was Tin Roof, which was where most of them were.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
How are captains selected - team vote - coach's decision?

asking because Park was supposedly a captain yet he said no teammates called him after he left the team which sounds to me like he was not the "captain " type if chosen by teammates.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Haven't seen much in terms of trick plays from the offense. Does the staff have some in the bag, but just haven't found the right time to use them?

Or are trick plays a somewhat desperate tactic and you're uber confident that ISU can win straight up?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Who is going to be the next guy(s) in on the OL? Have some holes to fill in addition to general running blocking improvement.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
On ISU punt returns, why do they give virtually EVERY player from the other team a free release to run downfield?

This, I want to try and make sense of this year's punt return scheme. We neither tried to block anyone nor did we rush to block the kick. It also didn't look all that effective at preventing a fake kick as potential receivers were released down field. Even our one punt return was the result of the returner beating about 6 Kansas players that took bad angles. The punt return game was such a weapon the year prior but was enemic this year.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've got a bunch of stuff I want to get to with him but thought I'd take time at the end to ask a few fan questions from you animals. Fire away here. Can't get to them all but will pick out some of the best ones. Thanks!

How jealous is he that we got to hang out with Jerry Lawler in Memphis and he didn't?

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Lima, Bailey, Uwazurike, Leo, Tongamoa, Johnson. Our defensive line is absolutely loaded. I'd love to hear coach Campbells general thoughts about that group. Especially some of the "newcomers" who have not seen much action Uwazurike, Leo, Tongamoa. How much better can those three get with another year in the program?

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Coach Campbell said Kene is one of the most explosive players he's ever coached. With an elite running back in the backfield already in Montgomery how do they utilize the speed and talent of Kene? Two back sets? Move Kene to the slot? Arkansas style wildcat in the days of Darren McFadden and Felix Jones?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've heard Campbell talk about "numbers" they are looking for in players for particular positions. Ask him for some examples.

I've also heard him say that if they are serious about a recruit, they will watch tapes of entire games, not just the plays on the video he puts together, apparently so they can see what he is like on the sideline when he isn't on the field. Ask him to explain more about what they are looking for in the tapes of entire games.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
What is your honest opinion on the secondary logo that was unveiled before the Texas game?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How proud is he of going through the season with 0 lost fumbles? How disappointed ("pissed") is he that the record book lists us as having 1?

Reactions: cyclones500

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Ask Campbell about your psychological dysfunction that still tends to expect bad things to happen to us.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
"Gun to your head" questions:
* Which loss in '17 was most disappointing to you personally?
* If you compiled a "top 10 plays of the season" for Iowa State, what would be #1 on your list?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If “consistency, playler leadership, and winning the day” are taken out, what is biggest focus of the staff moving into next year that is different than this year?

Help Support Us

Become a patron