All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So recruiting rankings only matter in football? Got it.

No, your friend said ISU wouldn't have taken Stanley if they would've had a chance at him, but they wanted/took Zeb. Stanley was #22 rated pro-style QB, Zeb was the #60 rated pro-style QB. It was just a lame attempt at trying to say Stanley sucks when he proved in his first year as the starter he doesn't.

You posting Woodbury's profile only proves my point because ISU wanted Woodbury based on his recruiting profile.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: breck53 and Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you guys still really this salty that ISU just had one of the best seasons in program history and it still wasn't better than a slightly above average Iowa season of the past 40 seasons?

Yikes

Sagarin rating from Iowa's 12 win season and ISU this year please.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Stanley - 55.8% completion percentage, 6.9 yards/attempt, 135.1 rating
Kempt - 66.3% completion percentage, 7.4 yards/attempt, 145.9 rating

I'm confused how picking Kempt equals, "LOL" from anyone rational...

I like Kempt but it is because if you put Stanley with ISU's wide receivers he has a lot more weapons, duh. What is one of Iowa's biggest weaknesses? The WR group.

It would have been like what would Seneca Wallace do behind that offensive line Iowa had his senior year. Sure Brad Banks played well but Seneca was a lot better QB than Banks but Banks played behind a great offensive line that year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I like Kempt but it is because if you put Stanley with ISU's wide receivers he has a lot more weapons, duh. What is one of Iowa's biggest weaknesses? The WR group.

It would have been like what would Seneca Wallace do behind that offensive line Iowa had his senior year. Sure Brad Banks played well but Seneca was a lot better QB than Banks but Banks played behind a great offensive line that year.

Did Stanley have a better OL or TE this year? Also I'm not sure what WR's have to do with his fumbling issues

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, your friend said ISU wouldn't have taken Stanley if they would've had a chance at him, but they wanted/took Zeb. Stanley was #22 rated pro-style QB, Zeb was the #60 rated pro-style QB. It was just a lame attempt at trying to say Stanley sucks when he proved in his first year as the starter he doesn't.

You posting Woodbury's profile only proves my point because ISU wanted Woodbury based on his recruiting profile.

Do we run a pro offense? Why would we care what their pro-style rank is when we don't want that offense?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I never said Iowa wouldn't have taken Park if given the opportunity.

You said Stanley was better than zeb because he was the better recruit. Just pointing out that being the better recruit doesn't mean they turn out to be better.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Calvin Johnson couldn’t catch some of Stanley’s deep balls the first half of the season.

ISU’s middle linebacker throws a better deep ball.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: isu2014 and Rural