All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They were both evaluated as pro-style QBs.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a coach can't look at them and say, hey he would fit well in my non pro-style system. However they rank in that format is fairly irrelevant to Campbell most likely because we don't run that.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You said Stanley was better than zeb because he was the better recruit. Just pointing out that being the better recruit doesn't mean they turn out to be better.

No I didn't. I was responding to the ridiculous post that said ISU wouldn't have taken Stanley if given the chance by pointing out that Stanley was a much higher rated QB recruit, same style, with better offers than Noland. So saying ISU wouldn't have wanted him when they took a lower rated pro-style QB recruit is just dumb. Stanley's on-field performance this year is what makes him better than Zeb at this point.

• Dislike
Reactions: Rural

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No I didn't. I was responding to the ridiculous post that said ISU wouldn't have taken Stanley if given the chance by pointing out that Stanley was a much higher rated QB recruit, same style, with better offers than Noland. So saying ISU wouldn't have wanted him when they took a lower rated pro-style QB recruit is just dumb. Stanley's on-field performance this year is what makes him better than Zeb at this point.

Still not understanding why a spread offense team cares about pro-style recruit ranking.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Stanley - 55.8% completion percentage, 6.9 yards/attempt, 135.1 rating
Kempt - 66.3% completion percentage, 7.4 yards/attempt, 145.9 rating

I'm confused how picking Kempt equals, "LOL" from anyone rational...

PLUS: (possibly referenced within the thread, haven't made it all the way through):

ESPN Total BQ rating

17. Kyle Kempt
69. Nathan Stanley

I'm no expert about QBR calculation, but if the gap is that large — advantage Kempt.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: isu2014 and Rural

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's just the truth that Stanley is a better QB than both.

Lanning is a fun debate. Kempt was obviously better than Stanley.

If you put Lanning in an offense like KSU’s I think he’s the best in the whole debate. He’s the best runner in the argument by far and throws a good deep ball, his accuracy on short and intermediate was the issue. I was never the biggest Park fan to be honest, convince me Stanley is a dependable person and I’d take him over Park.

• Winner
Reactions: isu2014 and RedDog

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Stanley was light years better as a recruit than Noland. Both pro style QBs. That's why your comment is just flat stupid.
Maybe he was, but Hoks unique ability to regress qbs quickly fixed that.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
I don’t get it. If Wadley & Stanley are so good, why did Iowa rank 116th in total offense? Sure, 1 game versus the good guys they over perform, but then 15 pass attempts in the bowl? 15? And 2 to WRs?

ISU ran over 60 more plays than Iowa this year in the same number of games. That’s like another whole game. ISU passed as much as Iowa ran the ball. What position Iowa have the most difficulty recruiting again?

But hey, program changing bowl win. Half the hock fans were trying to eat the other half on Twitter & other social media during that game but Buttbuddy, Geezer, & other shitstain hocks like to mention here about how great things are & future being beyond bright. To each their own

Reactions: Frak

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Calvin Johnson couldn’t catch some of Stanley’s deep balls the first half of the season.

ISU’s middle linebacker throws a better deep ball.

Stanley did throw an inaccurate deep ball but he could throw a nice 20-25 yard strike all over the field, and you throw a lot more of those than deep balls. He did improve on the deep ball accuracy.

• Informative
Reactions: HFCS

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I don’t get it. If Wadley & Stanley are so good, why did Iowa rank 116th in total offense? Sure, 1 game versus the good guys they over perform, but then 15 pass attempts in the bowl? 15? And 2 to WRs?

ISU ran over 60 more plays than Iowa this year in the same number of games. That’s like another whole game. ISU passed as much as Iowa ran the ball. What position Iowa have the most difficulty recruiting again?

But hey, program changing bowl win. Half the hock fans were trying to eat the other half on Twitter & other social media during that game but Buttbuddy, Geezer, & other shitstain hocks like to mention here about how great things are & future being beyond bright. To each their own

Its the same thing that holds ISU back the most, the offensive line. Iowa played the most of the year with 2 freshmen starting OT's. Montgomery is obviously better suited to break tackles but Wadley was still a very good back. Don't forget who made a huge play or two at the end of the Iowa vs ISU game to put the game in OT.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

This is pretty dumb considering what just transpired with two DE recruits in this very state in the class of 2018.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
No, the reason for optimism is because in year one at Iowa KF won 1 game. In year two he won 3 games. Campbell won 3 in year one, and 8 in year two. 4 wins for KF in his first two years at Iowa, and 11 wins for Campbell in his first two years at ISU.

So in year 2 at ISU, Campbell won as many games at KF did in year 19 at Iowa. :)

So NY 6 Bowl game and undefeated Big 12 season in Year 4 or bust, right?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Because he is a better QB. He is younger, throws a better ball, and nearly beat Oklahoma State, but we had that one taken away yet again on a 50/50. His vote is on potential. I am not impressed with Stanley. He had his best day against us, with 3 finger tip grabs on some pretty ugly passes. He is average.

Stanley is much younger than Kempt and has a much bigger arm and led a demolition of Ohio State. Your argument here sucks.

And LOL at the moral victory of almost beating Okie State.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
What was Iowa's Sagarin ranking in 2015 compared to ISU this year?

You use AP first if teams are listed in the Top 25 there and then resort to Sagarin if not. Iowa finished #9 in the final poll for the 2015 season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron