Iowa State fans
1f32a.png
1f32a.png
help me get some followers

• Informative
Reactions: CyberJJJ

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
Ramos is a big get for Campbell and his staff. That is a heck of an offer list. Peterson #4 in the state and an Iowa offer - nice late December signings.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
For all the hype, pretty meh class overall. Very CPR like. Hopefully this staff will continue to out-coach the old one.
What hype are you referring to?

The hype is that this staff took CPR classes, or what was left of them, to what was basically 9-3 and perhaps should have been even better. The hype is that if you add the Olinemen we’re getting to those CPR classes this team would have been undefeated.This staff has made careers on finding overlooked and undervalued guys.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
For all the hype, pretty meh class overall. Very CPR like. Hopefully this staff will continue to out-coach the old one.
Overall rankings on 247 sure I guess but this class has some big time gets on the offensive side of the ball.
Really excited for Ramos, Downing, Shaw, Mitchell, Schleker and Narveson.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
All of his classes have averaged out a point or two higher on 247 than CPR's. The biggest difference is I think CMC knows who he wants at position, and he gets them. Rhoads rarely got Option A, B, or C. Guys he got were guys other programs passed on, and they didn't necessarily fit.

• Agree
Reactions: Bipolarcy

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
The biggest difference is I think CMC knows who he wants at position, and he gets them.

How is it possible to claim this? We offer more kids than about anyone else in the country.

What hype are you referring to?

The hype is that this staff took CPR classes, or what was left of them, to what was basically 9-3 and perhaps should have been even better. The hype is that if you add the Olinemen we’re getting to those CPR classes this team would have been undefeated.This staff has made careers on finding overlooked and undervalued guys.

Lol come on. We have a wonderful coaching staff but come on.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Here is my take on recruiting this year. Overall, this has been a good year, not a great year, but good. Things are looking up and if we continue to improve on the field and improve our facilities it will pay dividends in recruiting.
Some things to consider this year, we did not have a lot of scholarship slots open to give this year, and 2 of those went to kickers which overall pulls down our rating, even though we got a couple of the top kicking prospects out there, they just don't rank kickers as high as other positions.
Now, I agree it would be nice to see a few 4 stars and a 5 star in there, but I can say if we continue to improve ourselves and our facilities we will become more enticing for those high caliber prospects. But with that you can look at schools like Texas with rosters full of 4 and 5 stars that have struggled the last few years, which shows it is not always about the player rating out of high school its about the needs and fit to the school and the development and coaching at that school.
Overall I am not sure some of these sites rate these players accurately and I am not sure how much difference there is between a 3 star and a 4 star or even a 3 star and a 5 star. I know one sight might have a kid at a 3 star and the next has them at a 4 and vice versa, so its not an exact science.
I am happy with our recruiting and am optimistic for the future. I am looking forward to great things for the Cyclone Nation moving forward.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
How is it possible to claim this? We offer more kids than about anyone else in the country.

Lol come on. We have a wonderful coaching staff but come on.
I didn't mean specific players, I meant his prototypes at each position. He doesn't end up recruiting outside of his prototype unless he wants to (ex: Re-al Mitchell, J. Morton). He offers a lot of guys, but his track record suggests all of them fit what he wants to do, and he eventually gets one that fits his mold. Rhoads's signing classes suggested he was taking guys because he needed to fill scholarships. Every class there were a handful that of clear reaches. Do you remember Dom De Lira, DLC? Not just misses, but guys who many outsiders didn't buy when they were signed. No one else wanted them. Look by the offers.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
2018 Commits

*** Will McDonald - Expected Early Signee
*** Brayden Narveson - Expected Early Signee/Enrollee
*** Corey Dunn - Expected Early Signee/Enrollee
*** Re-al Mitchell - Expected Early Signee/Enrollee
*** Trevor Downing - Expected Early Signee/Enrollee
*** Anthony Johnson Jr. - Expected Early Signee
*** Zach Ross - Expected Early Signee
*** Jaeveyon Morton - Expected Early Signee
*** Carson Schleker - Expected Early Signee
*** Gerry Vaughn - Expected Early Signee
*** Isaiah Lee - Expected Early Signee
*** Josh Madison
*** Greg Eisworth - Expected Early Signee/Enrollee
*** Sean Shaw Jr. - Expected Early Signee
*** Dallas Taylor-Cortez - Expected Early Signee
*** Michael Rose - Expected Early Signee
*** Chandler Pulvermacher - Expected Early Signee

2019 Commits

*** Jake Remsburg
Stanz - Did we get OL Xavier Delgado?-I believe the plan was originally to sign him to a greyshirt deal? Or does that not involve any paperwork until next year? He is the "bigger" teammate of Joey Ramos (Glendale, AZ)

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
The staff casts a wide net early, evaluates those kids throughout their respective camps/seasons (to see how they progress/regress), and either pursues or backs off of those kids based on that. Easy way for them to build relationships early to give themselves a fighting chance.

Seems to be a no-brainer approach for a place that has struggled to recruit historically.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I would love to get Jack Campbell. I have seen him play many times and he has a hell of a nose for the ball. He is an extremely hard working kid as well who comes from a great family here in Cedar Falls.

Reactions: Rural

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
There are 4 and 5 star drama kings who will never fit into CMC plan. I don't want them even if they are top 5 NFL prospects. I want young men who are as talented as we can get but still value team over individual and fit the criteria of their position. You can bring in a player due to EXTREME need and they can have all the raw talent in the world, but if the mentality is wrong it will subtract from the total. We are about a year away from rarely needing JC's or transfers unless they have been vetted and are a minimal risk.