Salt.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Looks like they need to replace the tigerhawk with something more appropriate. Maybe this:

554421_1.jpg

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
"if only we didn't have TOs we would have won."
if only we made those FT we would have won"
"if only Cook played to his ability we would have won."
"if only the refs called equal fouls we would have won."

i think the problem was they simply didn't score enough points to win.

I seem to see the bolded as the reason for every ISU loss in anything on this board.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I seem to see the bolded as the reason for every ISU loss in anything on this board.

You need to get your vision checked. In ISU's both losses, ISU had perfectly even fouls called in one game and the other game had more fouls called on the other team.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Got some posts to back that up?
You need to get your vision checked. In ISU's both losses, ISU had perfectly even fouls called in one game and the other game had more fouls called on the other team.
See any loss to Kansas, ever, in basketball. KSU football game ect.

Point is, any time there is a foul disparity against ISU it's used as a reason for a loss.....Iowa fans do it too....just pointing out it's pretty hypocritical to be calling out Hawk fans when you guys do the same....literally every fan base does it.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

Point is, any time there is a foul disparity against ISU it's used as a reason for a loss.....Iowa fans do it too....just pointing out it's pretty hypocritical to be calling out Hawk fans when you guys do the same....literally every fan base does it.
Ever? There is a difference between disagreeing with referee's calls and feeling they single-handedly lost you the game.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

I love it when people have to resort to false equivalencies to make "their side" better. Enjoy the salt.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
[

You guys are the ones getting upset. I agreed with the poster that said excuses made by Hawk fans are ridiculous.

Not likely. After all, we won last night, and we're not the ones that have to constantly remind ourselves to "get mad again".

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So mu

Way different if you lose in the last few seconds or the last play compared to if you turn the ball over 18 times, shoot abysmal from the FT line and your leading scorer only hits one basket. I get blaming the refs if you can point to one or two calls that decided the game, last night, Iowa had more problems than the officiating.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Iowa lost because they don't know how to handle a basketball. I'd say the same reason for a majority of their 6 losses.

ISU didn't play very sharp in some aspects of the game, but they have 4-5 players who can skillfully handle the ball compared to Iowa's 0. We just graduated probably the best statistical ball handler in college basketball history so it's pretty obvious to see when a team doesn't have a single skilled ball handler.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
The only IRL Hawkeye fan I've encountered was the opposite of Salty. More like bland and lifeless
vauEUgn.gif

rob05

Apr 14, 2006
Ankeny

Iowa’s lost 6 of 7.

You don’t need help from the refs to lose, your b-ball team is very good doing that on their own.

Help Support Us

Become a patron