Salt.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
HOTTTTAKES over at HawkeyeNation
"It's simple, if the clown athletic department won't do anything to improve the situation Iowa should refuse to play anymore games there. He had the hot hand, and it looked like that was an intentional cheap shot to take him out of the game. This should not be allowed to happen."

"Like I've said 1000 times, don't give me this "Ames and Iowa City aren't that different" crap. Plenty of aggie troglodytes up there. This is merely the latest example."

"Thug life, just like Prohm's players, a bunch of gangsta's. ISU just plain sucks, delusional freaks"
AAEAAQAAAAAAAArYAAAAJDljOWRhZjRmLWMxNzctNDM2ZC05YWMyLTc4OTc5NTMyM2JlMA.jpg

tenor.gif

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
A Hawkeye fan on the radio this morning said we had a bigger thug on this team than Fred ever did. Is it bad that I don't even know who he would be referring to?
I heard that and was equally confused. Of course, Travis giggled because he's a complete moron.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I really don't want to make this a race thing, but whenever hawk fans describe Iowa State players as "Thugs" and "Druggies on their last chance" while their guys are "Doing the Right Thing" there tends to be some some hard core racist undertones.
Without question.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I seem to see the bolded as the reason for every ISU loss in anything on this board.
Not every loss, but there are some specific instances. However, listening to any UofI football or basketball broadcast, you definitely get that vibe from the UofI broadcasters. Either bad officiating or the other team is just lucky.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
So mu

Way different if you lose in the last few seconds or the last play compared to if you turn the ball over 18 times, shoot abysmal from the FT line and your leading scorer only hits one basket. I get blaming the refs if you can point to one or two calls that decided the game, last night, Iowa had more problems than the officiating.
True. I'm just pointing out that ISU fans call out officiating quite a bit.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Iowa lost because they don't know how to handle a basketball. I'd say the same reason for a majority of their 6 losses.

ISU didn't play very sharp in some aspects of the game, but they have 4-5 players who can skillfully handle the ball compared to Iowa's 0. We just graduated probably the best statistical ball handler in college basketball history so it's pretty obvious to see when a team doesn't have a single skilled ball handler.

I'd blame the "loss" on 1) Turnovers 2) Free throws (1-8) just ain't gonna cut it.

The officiating was what one would expect in a road game. The Hawks hit free throws and take care of the ball they have a pretty good chance at winning the game.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I seem to see the bolded as the reason for every ISU loss in anything on this board.

Nobody on this board gives a **** that you rooted for Dexter Green when you were younger and therefore feel some connection to Iowa State while maintaining you're a hawk fan. Just piss off back to your own fan board

rob05

Apr 14, 2006
Ankeny
When did I blame the loss on refs?

Right here:
See any loss to Kansas, Iowa fans do it too....just pointing out it's pretty hypocritical to be calling out Hawk fans when you guys do the same....literally every fan base does it.

So again, blame the refs. I’ll point to the 18 TO’s and Iowa losing 6 of 7 (or go with they’re just not good).

Edit: you cleared up what you meant below, I get it now.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Nobody on this board gives a **** that you rooted for Dexter Green when you were younger and therefore feel some connection to Iowa State while maintaining you're a hawk fan. Just piss off back to your own fan board
No...I like it here. The posters are so nice and friendly.

• Agree
Reactions: TerryHoitz

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Iowa fans are extra salty this year because this was supposed to be "the year". The year that they were finally the better team. They've been told they were days, DAYS, from being the premier program in the state. They were supposed to be a top 6 seed and make a Sweet 16 run. They were bringing nearly everyone back while we were rebuilding after graduating nearly everyone.

But the reality is, Fran just isn't a good coach.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Iowa fans are extra salty this year because this was supposed to be "the year". The year that they were finally the better team. They've been told they were days, DAYS, from being the premier program in the state. They were supposed to be a top 6 seed and make a Sweet 16 run. They were bringing nearly everyone back while we were rebuilding after graduating nearly everyone.

But the reality is, Fran just isn't a good coach.
The reality is, we are a better program.

• Agree
Reactions: DRCHIRO

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I mean we do have a princeton grad on our team, so yeah I can see what he is getting it, all thugs. /s
Guy is racist trash. Burington Hawkeye editor tweets at him,
Homer Hawkeye media retweets him. He likely has hawkeye on his belly.