Iowa Hawkeye Basketball. What is happening

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
They are not good, but their 1-game NBA Finals match-up is set for next Thursday, December 7th. If they can just win that game, they will be golden.

I remember when Iowa State was in a similar position: Just beat TOE and everything else that might happen is tolerable.

Thank heavens TOE has seized the “little brother” role now. In some ways I pity them. Lack of aspiring to anything greater than a pyrrhic victory over an in-state rival is a tough place to be. Hopefully TOE is there for decades.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Found this to be an interesting quote from Franny:
"We couldn't make anything, and I think it clearly affected our defense, and that's disappointing," Iowa coach Fran McCaffery said. "Because when you're struggling offensively like that, you really need to ratchet your defense up and get some stops, and we didn't do that."
I think that response is a 180-degree opposite approach that Prohm is taking. I think Prohm feels that the defense needs to create opportunities for the offense. In both of the DMR articles I read concerning Iowa's game, the majority of the focus was on the offense. When an opponent scores 38 of 41 2nd half points on dunks, lay-ups and FTs, there is something EXTREMELY wrong with the defense. I won't complain, however, if the Hoks defend us in the same way.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Found this to be an interesting quote from Franny:
"We couldn't make anything, and I think it clearly affected our defense, and that's disappointing," Iowa coach Fran McCaffery said. "Because when you're struggling offensively like that, you really need to ratchet your defense up and get some stops, and we didn't do that."
I think that response is a 180-degree opposite approach that Prohm is taking. I think Prohm feels that the defense needs to create opportunities for the offense. In both of the DMR articles I read concerning Iowa's game, the majority of the focus was on the offense. When an opponent scores 38 of 41 2nd half points on dunks, lay-ups and FTs, there is something EXTREMELY wrong with the defense. I won't complain, however, if the Hoks defend us in the same way.
They gave Seton Hall a 40 minute layup drill last year, then turned around and gave our team problems even with Cook out. I never feel great about this game.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
They gave Seton Hall a 40 minute layup drill last year, then turned around and gave our team problems even with Cook out. I never feel great about this game.

Also got beat by UNO at home and we smoked them.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
His brother said it an interview somewhere. He said he would have been a top 25 pick in the draft last year if he didn't hurt his finger and that he was going pro after this year. Seriously

Thought that was a (football?) recruit from the St. Louis area. Don't think it was his brother. I could be wrong though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Thought that was a (football?) recruit from the St. Louis area. Don't think it was his brother. I could be wrong though.

I am pretty positive it was his brother or someone he considers a brother from his hometown. Either way Cook is telling people he's leaving after this season which should open up a scholarship to try to get a grad transfer PG