*** Official Tulsa Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I don’t get why so many people here are so upset that somebody stated an opinion.

Anyways, if NWB stays aggressive, and Wigginton starts getting things figured out and plays aggressive, we might not be half bad on offense. And hopefully Lard and Brase earn most of Beverly’s minutes by Big 12 play. He’s this year’s Holden.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Watching the replay of Tulsa.

This commentator is bad but it's kind of hilarious--he's reacting more than he is talking about what's happening on the floor.

This team has nice chemistry...amazing how much Brase and Lard can make a difference.

Someone last night said Lard's just a dogg. There's truth to that--he's got a look like Tinsley had. Looks calm and collected, but don't piss him off.

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
W
So, if Prohm had realized who is best player was prior to Monday, do we win the UWM game? I guess we should be thankful it only took camp, two exhibitions, and two games.

Now I hope he can figure out that it’s Young, Lard, and Brase, with Talley playing the four when needed. Beverly will have his occasional moments, but he’s mostly a few possession guy.

What are you insinuating here? That Prohm isn’t evaluating his players correctly?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Unsolicited tangent: Drake beat Wake Forest tonight?! Are they supposed to be competitive this year?

Is Wake Forest supposed to be good?

Honestly, it seems like Drake has had the talent to be competitive for a while, but couldn't put it together. You'll remember that they won a few games when Rutter took over last year.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Is Wake Forest supposed to be good?

Honestly, it seems like Drake has had the talent to be competitive for a while, but couldn't put it together. You'll remember that they won a few games when Rutter took over last year.
I see WF is 0-3 so they must be down. Well, good for the Bulldogs.

• Agree
Reactions: Nihawk

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don’t get why so many people here are so upset that somebody stated an opinion.

Anyways, if NWB stays aggressive, and Wigginton starts getting things figured out and plays aggressive, we might not be half bad on offense. And hopefully Lard and Brase earn most of Beverly’s minutes by Big 12 play. He’s this year’s Holden.
Imo offense was the main concern- if you don’t have the pieces it’s very tough. In the first two games we had the synergistic downside of role players not having a go-to guy to rely on. But damn, if NWB continues to play at this level, he’s that guy that now makes it easier for everyone.

The defense will come, at least it should. Athletically the pieces are there with the most individual plus defenders that we’ve had in years. We haven’t had a back-line like Young, Lard, and Brase in a long time. I’d toss Talley in that group, but he also can defend the wing. Team defense is the question. That, and the refs swallowing their whistles should help.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What are you insinuating here? That Prohm isn’t evaluating his players correctly?
It happens to the best of coaches, including Prohm last year. So yes, I think it’s possible. Don’t worry, the pitch-fork is still in the shed.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I like Long. He's a spaz. This team needs a spaz.
Long looks pretty awkward out there, but if he could be a 3 and D guy that'd be great. I honestly wasn't expecting to see him much. Looks pretty tough, though. Hopefully he can keep it up.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Maybe it was already discussed, I skipped to the last page.
But, where was Lewis tonight? I'm assuming Long took his minutes since he was hot from 3 in the first half?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Watching the replay of Tulsa.

This commentator is bad but it's kind of hilarious--he's reacting more than he is talking about what's happening on the floor.

This team has nice chemistry...amazing how much Brase and Lard can make a difference.

Someone last night said Lard's just a dogg. There's truth to that--he's got a look like Tinsley had. Looks calm and collected, but don't piss him off.

Lard reminds me of every post we've played against forever that I really wish was on our team.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Very nice win. Tulsa has some talent, and with the way they were calling things, some mismatches.

NWB is good 3P shot away from being a legitimate Big 12 1st option. I’m guessing he would have a Kane like year if surrounded by similar talent.

I am guessing they’re trying to save Brase some by not starting him. I agree though that Beverly

Please can I have NWBs 3P%?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Maybe it was already discussed, I skipped to the last page.
But, where was Lewis tonight? I'm assuming Long took his minutes since he was hot from 3 in the first half?
I think you nailed it. He’s better on defense right now, so it gets him the first opportunity. Four three pointers later and Lewis wasn’t needed.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron