Joel Klatts hate for the CFP Committee

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I couldn't agree more with what Joel Klatt has been saying about the committee the past couple of weeks.

The complete lack of awareness this committee has shown. Do they even watch the games? He makes a great point when he says that we can't trust them because they're so inconsistent.

He also talked about it on The Herd yesterday as well.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Joel Klatt is probably the most objective national analyst out there..might be since he is a former Big 12 player and knows the crap the Big 12 (and the Pac 12) gets year after year when it comes to anything pinning conferences against eachother. To say Oklahoma is behind Clemson due to its loss to ISU is absolutely asinine. Even though none of the other national analysts will admit it, Clemson's loss to Syracuse was much, much worse.

Edit: Michigan being ranked ahead of West Virginia is also asinine. It is showing so easily that they are trying their hardest to make sure the Big Ten isn't left out by giving Wisconsin a "ranked opponent" to further justify getting them into the playoffs if they run the table.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I've always maintained the blue-bloods have huge advantage in this process. When the likes of tOSU, Notre Dame, and Miami get selected. the networks and sports media praise the committee knowing is will mean better viewership.

cyfan4

May 21, 2014
Ankeny, Iowa
It’s ******* rediculous to say that the Iowa State loss is worse than Syracuse. Iowa State is a good football team.

There argument is not that a loss to Iowa State is worse than Syracuse. They factor in that Clemson's QB was injured during the game despite the fact they were losing when he went down.
I've always hated how they factor in injuries. It's a part of the game.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Last year for Ohio State it was all about quality wins, now the committee wants to switch to the quality losses narrative to benefit Eastern schools. It all comes down to OU winning out. If they take care of business they're in.

Clemson fans talking about their QB being hurt in the Syracuse game is funny. OU had four starters out vs ISU (yes I know our own injury report for that game). Clemson was already behind when their QB went down as well.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Last year for Ohio State it was all about quality wins, now the committee wants to switch to the quality losses narrative to benefit Eastern schools. It all comes down to OU winning out. If they take care of business they're in.

Clemson fans talking about their QB being hurt in the Syracuse game is funny. OU had four starters out vs ISU (yes I know our own injury report for that game). Clemson was already behind when their QB went down as well.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of money on that. They can always say " Oh we respected them, we had them in there for a few weeks in fact. They just didn't pass the eye test coming down the stretch" I will say this - if Ohio State wins out, they'll be in.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I wouldn't put a whole lot of money on that. They can always say " Oh we respected them, we had them in there for a few weeks in fact. They just didn't pass the eye test coming down the stretch" I will say this - if Ohio State wins out, they'll be in.

I agree.. even if OU wins out... I'd still be sittin on pins and needles if I were them come selection day.

With this committee, anything is possible.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Agree! If Ohio State wins out...I bet they make it!

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Klatt is spot on - hopefully more people join him so we can get rid of this system and start over.

8 team playoff - 5 conference champs auto-bid. Bring back the BCS ranking system and the 3 highest BCS ranked teams that aren't auto-bids get the 3 at-large spots. Take the human element out of it.

The BCS rankings themselves weren't flawed, the flaw was that the BCS rankings were trying to pick two teams to play in the title game, which is a terribly hard thing to do.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Expanding from 2 to 4 was good (8 would be good too, beyond that is a debate). Everything else about the CFP is a step backwards. It should have been a massive improvement going from 2 to 4 but they managed to make it just a slight improvement.