When will Jacob Park return to ISU Football

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I like it

giphy.gif

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
As far as I'm concerned Zeb showed he should start against Baylor and will. I'm happy for Park though, hope he got things ironed out and is definitely nice to have him as a back up option and someone that can compete for the starting QB position again in the spring.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006

Well, he also has a LinkedIn account from Charleston, so seems to be legit person.
However, I'm skeptical he actually knows anything....First tweet was Oct 7 about Park not playing at OU. Majority of his tweets since then have been about Park, not sure if this guy is declaring that Park will be back, or just asking/hoping. Half the accounts he follows are ISU fan-related, and he only has 1 random follower.

I'm going to guess he has no relationship with Jacob. And I'm pretty sure the 'Daniel Park' who retweeted this guy also has no relation to Jacob, but who knows....

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Our QB depth is pretty much gone, so having him back practicing is good to hear!

One would think that he'd need at least a few weeks to even be a viable option to hit the field, best case scenario and even then, I don't think you put him in over Kempt or Noland for the bowl game unless they've done something to lose the position.

Still, good news.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
As far as I'm concerned Zeb showed he should start against Baylor and will. I'm happy for Park though, hope he got things ironed out and is definitely nice to have him as a back up option and someone that can compete for the starting QB position again in the spring.
Is Kempt out for Baylor?

Edit: Per CMC, he is day to day.

Last edited:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I know this is only based on 3 quarters of football, but Zeb looked like a Big 12 QB on Saturday. I feel good with him the rest of the year.

If nothing else, it would be nice to have Park back so he can get the extra bowl practices.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I know this is only based on 3 quarters of football, but Zeb looked like a Big 12 QB on Saturday. I feel good with him the rest of the year.

If nothing else, it would be nice to have Park back so he can get the extra bowl practices.
In fairness, Kempt outplayed Baker Mayfield for a game as well.

Since then? Not so much.

As teams start to get more video on whether you're a running threat, if you can throw on the run, what routes you can throw, etc. it gets a lot tougher. Look how compressed the field has become since that Oklahoma game as teams study Kempt.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
One would think that he'd need at least a few weeks to even be a viable option to hit the field, best case scenario and even then, I don't think you put him in over Kempt or Noland for the bowl game unless they've done something to lose the position.

Still, good news.

You have to think there is no way the staff uses Park in a game unless it's absolutely necessary. If he's been to rehab, therapy, whatever, the last thing he needs is to be put into a pressure situation on a national level right away.

If the team welcomes him back that's great, but he's going to have to prove himself all over again to this staff IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron