When will Jacob Park return to ISU Football

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think Zeb should be the starter, but I am very happy to hear Park is back to practice.

Regardless of football, some people just need stability and something to focus on, and I am very impressed with the way the team has dealt with his absence. I hope whatever he was going through has been resolved, his health is bigger than sports.
Is there any official word that Park is back at practice or is everyone just taking a random tweet as gospel.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Is there any official word that Park is back at practice or is everyone just taking a random tweet as gospel.

That's what I'm wondering. I hope it's true, more for Park's sake than anything just because it would suggest that whatever he had going on, he's made some progress in addressing it.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
If he is back with the team that is great news. I sincerely doubt you will see him in uniform for the rest of this season if in fact he is back. He is a very good QB when he has his head in the game. He is also very mobile and escaped with his feet several time when playing. Park has all the tools of a pro QB with some issues holding him back.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think Zeb should be the starter, but I am very happy to hear Park is back to practice.

Regardless of football, some people just need stability and something to focus on, and I am very impressed with the way the team has dealt with his absence. I hope whatever he was going through has been resolved, his health is bigger than sports.

For no other reason than we need someone else at QB if Kempt is not able to play at all this week. Noland seemed very well prepared and ready to play.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't care who starts next year as long as Texas gets destroyed. They aren't even that good. I'm still agitated that ISU lost to that sorry team.

I think it's realistic to say that Texas will be good in the nearish future, which just last year didn't seem to bode well for programs like ISU. Funny how that changed in one month--can't expect to beat them every year or anything, but the hope is ISU continues to ascend in talent/winning culture and regularly goes toe to toe with the conference's best.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
The guy that tweeted it out has 2 followers and only follows 12 people. Not exactly a news source.
In all fairness, when some random person tweeted that Park was suspended, it was received the same way and most people discredited it...then it turned out to be mostly true. Not saying this tweet is true but you never know..

• Agree
Reactions: Pat and CycoCyclone

BigDH01

Oct 17, 2011
I really hope Park gets his **** together and graduates and moves on and is very successful.

However, I do not think he should start next year even if he is "healthy" then. Stability matters in a position like quarterback and I'm not altogether confident that Park can finish the season. I'd take a less talented qb with a higher chance of going the distance.

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
So are we to believe the stories leaking out of the university?

Supposedly, Park has another baby on the way with a different gal and he was smoking something to keep his nerves through the situation and it all became too much. Evidently he has been dinged on multiple urine tests.

Doesn't sound like a warm fuzzy but lets hope that something changes for the positive. All things point to an open scholarship for next year.

My concern is for Jacob to get his life in order, get clean, and then do what is best for his future.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Maybe so but your ability to diminish what he did as a member of the team is frustrating.

Nobody is diminishing anything. They are looking at reality. Our offense was anemic after the OU game with exceptions of the beginning of the TCU and OSU games.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cyclad

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I really hope Park gets his **** together and graduates and moves on and is very successful.

However, I do not think he should start next year even if he is "healthy" then. Stability matters in a position like quarterback and I'm not altogether confident that Park can finish the season. I'd take a less talented qb with a higher chance of going the distance.
There's no guarantee of the less talented qb going the distance. Have you followed Iowa St for the last 10 years? What happens when your less talented QB gets hurt halfway through the year?

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
So are we to believe the stories leaking out of the university?

Supposedly, Park has another baby on the way with a different gal and he was smoking something to keep his nerves through the situation and it all became too much. Evidently he has been dinged on multiple urine tests.

Doesn't sound like a warm fuzzy but lets hope that something changes for the positive. All things point to an open scholarship for next year.

My concern is for Jacob to get his life in order, get clean, and then do what is best for his future.
we need a wow reaction.....