RECRUITING: THT commits

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Oh man, this was a huge get. THT might be the best college player in Prohm's 2018 class. Love his game. Welcome to ISU, Talen!

Reactions: xr4ticlone

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
I believe some analysts have suggested his addition would make this a top 12 recruiting class. Does anyone know for sure?

See the earlier posts in this thread. Looks like #21 right now, with the potential to rise as grades change over the rest of their senior seasons (and lately, ISU has had their recruits usually climb).

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
I want to go on record as I was never worried. :)

I'm SUPER PUMPED about THT and this entire recruiting class.

I think we got some great players that will develop into one hell of a team.

Also...that Halliburton $$$! Really just a bonus at this point. :)

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
See the earlier posts in this thread. Looks like #21 right now, with the potential to rise as grades change over the rest of their senior seasons (and lately, ISU has had their recruits usually climb).
15 on rivals

Reactions: aauummm

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

#15 on Rivals, so I am going with that class ranking. Great class. And I love the size and match up nightmares!

Reactions: rholtgraves

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, history tells us that it won't work out exactly this way but top-to-bottom, this looks like quite a collection of talent, even if a couple people decide to look for PT elsewhere:

FR: Griffin, Conditt, Horton-Tucker, Haliburton
SOPH: Wiggington, Lewis, Lard
JR: Jacobson, Young, Long
SR: Weiler-Babb, Shayok, Talley

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
"THT is a 6’5” small forward that is crafty knowing how to get where he wants on the floor to get stuff done. He handles the ball exceptionally well for a wing and has the body control to finish at the cup. What we like most about his game is his ability to be a stat sheet stuffer and contribute in a variety of areas. As a scorer he can put the ball in the hoop at multiple levels. Gets points at the hoop through contact. Works well in the mid-range pulling up off the bounce. He has become a fairly consistent three point threat off the catch over the last year. As a distributor he passes very well from the wing. Overall high IQ and feel for the game seeing the floor. THT is a sound rebounder that clears the defensive glass. With his rebounding and ability to handle he can take the ball off the glass and go down the floor looking to make a play. One of the most complete basketball players in the state."

Talen Horton-Tucker Commits to Iowa State