Park "day to day"; Kempt likely to start again at QB vs. KU

welt

Jun 14, 2017
why in the he'll would you put an "or" between kempt and park. You really going to play a guy who at the very least hasent practiced in a week, and worse if you believe the rumors. give kempt his props and list him as the no doubt #1. imo.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Good news on injuries.

Really hope that ISU can jump on KU right away so Zeb can get some playing time. Got to have a backup plan other than playing Lanning both ways. Is there anyone else that can play MLBer?

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
why in the he'll would you put an "or" between kempt and park. You really going to play a guy who at the very least hasent practiced in a week, and worse if you believe the rumors. give kempt his props and list him as the no doubt #1. imo.

IMO it's for KU, so they have to prepare for two different QBs. For now I would just assume that Kempt will be under center until Campbell says otherwise. But Beatty and his staff can't afford to assume. They'll have to game plan for both. Just a little gamesmanship.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

From all accounts Kempt is a very humble guy, and just wants to win. Doubtful he cares if he is listed as the starter on his own. Park however, might benefit mentally from this. Really sounds like the chances of Park playing against KU are not very good.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
no, I know this staff does this often, but there is no reason to pretend park could play. even if he came back today , no way he should play. if the rumors or true that sends a horrible message to your team.
See below
IMO it's for KU, so they have to prepare for two different QBs. For now I would just assume that Kempt will be under center until Campbell says otherwise. But Beatty and his staff can't afford to assume. They'll have to game plan for both. Just a little gamesmanship.

• Agree

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I liked everything I saw out of Kempt. Stay poised, make the easy plays, and let the playmakers do what they do.

Agreed. I still believe that the team's ceiling is higher with Park in the long run (if/when he gets healthy), but in the meantime I'm totally comfortable with Kempt taking the snaps. His poise and composure on Saturday was remarkable for a guy who had never taken meaningful snaps in a game.

clone511

Mar 15, 2016
Urbandale, IA
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone get the vibe from Campbell that he doesn't care to discuss the Park issue because Park has done something that's really pissed him off but isn't enough to get him booted from the team? I get that if it's a "personal health issue" that he wouldn't discuss it anyways, but we're not getting Campbell's "he's a great kid with great character/work ethic" speech that we normally hear from him.

• Agree
Reactions: CentexCyclone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone get the vibe from Campbell that he doesn't care to discuss the Park issue because Park has done something that's really pissed him off but isn't enough to get him booted from the team? I get that if it's a "personal health issue" that he wouldn't discuss it anyways, but we're not getting Campbell's "he's a great kid with great character/work ethic" speech that we normally hear from him.

Um, yeah Campbell said that about park in the release Friday night.

Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
no, I know this staff does this often, but there is no reason to pretend park could play. even if he came back today , no way he should play. if the rumors or true that sends a horrible message to your team.

You seem to know whats going on. Why don't you let Campbell know your thoughts? I'm sure he'd love to hear them.

• Agree

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

If you people want to have these deep, well thought out opinions on this stuff will you at least pay attention to what's actually happening and being said? Campbell said that **** about Park last Monday and Friday.

He doesn't care to discuss because he can't and he's sick of people asking. This isn't rocket surgery.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yes, the team depends on Cyclones.com depth charts to see whom the staff are planning on playing.

It does not send a message at all to the team, let alone a horrible one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron