Sneezing - You're Doing It Wrong

What is the correct number of times a person should sneeze?

• Total voters

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I put two, which it is the majority of the time. Sometimes 3 or more, though. For me, sneezing is uncontrollable...and if I'm forced to sneeze, I'm gonna get my money's worth!

Used to work with a woman who would stifle her sneezes and let out a miniscule "choo". Drove me crazy. I wanted to tell her that if she pinched off her nose when she sneezed, her brain would explode out her ears.

For the poster who didn't know you can sneeze on command, my husband and our youngest son both swear that if feel a sneeze coming on, they can force it by looking at a light bulb or the sun. I think they're full of it. :)

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Almost every time I do two, unless my allergies send me on a spree where I just want to die.

Aren't the 5-minute constant sneeze blasts the best! I just want to rip my nose off during them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Anyone else with serious allergies get annoyed by a "bless you" 147 times a day for your entire life? My close friends, family and coworkers know now to just ignore it or give it one daily courtesy "bless you" and give up, but every once in a while I'm in close quarters with someone who insists on saying it every 20 seconds dozens of times if I'm having an allergy attack. It's not the sentiment that's annoying, it's people thinking the sneeze is somehow significant when it's about as commonplace to me as my eyelids blinking.

Also interesting to see the horrified look on some people's face before I assure them they will not catch the allergies I've had for 39 years. A few will look at me as if I'm infecting them with the bubonic plague.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Anyone else with serious allergies get annoyed by a "bless you" 147 times a day for your entire life? My close friends, family and coworkers know now to just ignore it or give it one daily courtesy "bless you" and give up, but every once in a while I'm in close quarters with someone who insists on saying it every 20 seconds dozens of times if I'm having an allergy attack. It's not the sentiment that's annoying, it's people thinking the sneeze is somehow significant when it's about as commonplace to me as my eyelids blinking.

Also interesting to see the horrified look on some people's face before I assure them they will not catch the allergies I've had for 39 years. A few will look at me as if I'm infecting them with the bubonic plague.

I agree with all of this. I'm tired of hearing "bless you", especially the people who think it is required after every sneeze. It isn't uncommon for me to sneeze 10+ times, and after the fourth "bless you", I'll just glare at them with now bloodshot eyes.

Reactions: HFCS

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I agree with all of this. I'm tired of hearing "bless you", especially the people who think it is required after every sneeze. It isn't uncommon for me to sneeze 10+ times, and after the fourth "bless you", I'll just glare at them with now bloodshot eyes.

What are your feelings on "Gesundheit?" Does that infuriate you as well? :D

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Wait, are other people able to sneeze at will? Is this a disability I've been living with my entire life and never knew it!?
There's a lot of other ones we've been pointing out for years, just haven't gotten to this one yet. WAY down the list.

• Funny
Reactions: skibumspe

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love to feeling of a good sneeze. Im usually a two-timer, but if I could go more, I would.

Usually one timer here, but yeah, a good clearing sneeze is nice.

I knew I was getting older when I started feeling my skeletal system was rattled after a big sneeze.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Sneeze once. Anything more is just a desperate cry for attention . . .
vauEUgn.gif

My wife sneezes 2 times, every time. :confused:

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I sneeze as many times as it takes to quit, but rarely just once. My dad might sneeze for a 1/2 hour or more. If he's at a restaurant, or visiting someone, he'll just go outside until he's done.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think it works even without sun/bright lights, to me it's the tipping-head-back that can bring it on. But I can't "manufacture" a sneeze, it has to be a situation when I feel a minor urge to sneeze, the tilt-back can do the trick.
It doesn't work for me. A sneeze either happens on its own, or my nose twitches for a while first...sometimes leading to a sneeze, sometimes just disappearing.

Along the same lines...does anyone else ever feel like they desperately need to yawn, but can't...no matter how wide they stretch their jaw?

...and does anyone else get the urge to yawn just reading/typing the word? Talk about the power of suggestion!

Reactions: oldman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron