***Official General College Football 2017 Thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm just glad that Iowa fans got to realize what us ISU fans felt like after this years CyHawk game. It sucks doesn't it.

Had Penn State lost this game, Franklin would have deserved all the blame IMO. Iowa was so outclassed on the field talent wise it wasn't even funny, but Penn State wet the bed nearly every time in the red zone.

I felt like Franklin set the tone for the entire night on their first drive of the game, I believe it was, when on 4th and goal from the half yard line they kicked the FG even though Iowa wouldn't have had any chance whatsoever to stop PSU from scoring the TD there IMO.

And on several 3rd and mediums, PSU just ran the ball up the middle, and then punted it away instead of trying to throw for the 1st down. I just thought PSU was WAY too conservative all night long. When you have nearly 600 yds of offense, you should score a bare minimum of about 35 points, but more than likely about 40 or 50.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Already seeing Iowa fans talk about how awesome the defense played and how they want another shot at Penn State. LOL they were outgained 579-273. It took the Penn State OC way too long to realize all he had to do was get Barkley the ball as much as possible.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
tenor.gif

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'm just glad that Iowa fans got to realize what us ISU fans felt like after this years CyHawk game. It sucks doesn't it.

Had Penn State lost this game, Franklin would have deserved all the blame IMO. Iowa was so outclassed on the field talent wise it wasn't even funny, but Penn State wet the bed nearly every time in the red zone.

I felt like Franklin set the tone for the entire night on their first drive of the game, I believe it was, when on 4th and goal from the half yard line they kicked the FG even though Iowa wouldn't have had any chance whatsoever to stop PSU from scoring the TD there IMO.

And on several 3rd and mediums, PSU just ran the ball up the middle, and then punted it away instead of trying to throw for the 1st down. I just thought PSU was WAY too conservative all night long. When you have nearly 600 yds of offense, you should score a bare minimum of about 35 points, but more than likely about 40 or 50.

On another trip, they had 2nd and goal on the 1. Barkley was shredding them. Keeper to the QB. Loss of two yards. Fade to the corner. Incomplete. Football coaches are really dumb sometimes.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Already seeing Iowa fans talk about how awesome the defense played and how they want another shot at Penn State. LOL they were outgained 579-273. It took the Penn State OC way too long to realize all he had to do was get Barkley the ball as much as possible.
Yup. Iowas defense was not that great. More Penn States fault in red zone. Giving up almost 600 yards is not what you call "good".

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I don't blame y'all for being happy Iowa lost, extreme happiness for your arch rival is annoying to live with.

Barkley is superhuman. He just seems to get seven yards at will. If they consistently use him that often though he won't survive the season.

The better team won, sadly for me, happily for you.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I don't blame y'all for being happy Iowa lost, extreme happiness for your arch rival is annoying to live with.

Barkley is superhuman. He just seems to get seven yards at will. If they consistently use him that often though he won't survive the season.

For me it's more taking joy in the unhappiness for the Iowa twitter trolls and the trolls that come over here. I honestly do feel for tolerable fans like you because we know the feeling of getting hit in the nuts all too well

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Is there a better back in CFB than Barkley right now?

Nobody comes to mind for me (I could be missing someone, though). Either way, the guy is human nonsense. Otherworldly athlete.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
After 10 wins the last 3+ seasons, I agree!

That you’re here whining and lashing out really exemplifies the level of insecurity and obsession hawk fans have with their true rivals.

You are exactly why people hate iowa.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Best part of this (all his troll tweets really) is the under-educated Hawk fans taking the bait and thinking they're being clever.

I love it.
"Shut up you G-Leauger!"

Translation: Shut up guy who plays a game he loves for a living and will be revered by ISU fans for life while I work a job I hate and have a wife who's a biatch and kids who don't respect me.

I love that Georges is followed not only by every self respecting ISU fan but also every butt hurt hok fan in existence.

Reactions: GTO and CloneFan4

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Is Iowa's defense any better than middle of the road?

Without insane good fortune they're not a very good team. Embarrassing we blew that game against them.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Is there a better back in CFB than Barkley right now?

Nobody comes to mind for me (I could be missing someone, though). Either way, the guy is human nonsense. Otherworldly athlete.
Not that I can think of. I actually think PSU's offense revolves too much around him though, if that makes sense. I have to laugh at some of you saying he should have gotten the ball more, he had over 40 touches there's only so much he can humanly do. I think he's human anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
For me it's more taking joy in the unhappiness for the Iowa twitter trolls and the trolls that come over here. I honestly do feel for tolerable fans like you because we know the feeling of getting hit in the nuts all too well

How Iowa fans feel right now is how we all felt after Iowa beat us a couple weeks ago. ISU had the game won, until the miraculous play by Wadley to tie it. It's a total kick to the nuts.

And after years and years of watching Iowa fans REJOICE in watching ISU get kicked in the nuts, I have to admit I'm enjoying Iowa fans feeling a bit of it tonight.

However, any reasonable Hawkeye fan with any knowledge of football should understand they had no business even being in this game, so it can't hurt that much. 300 more yards for PSU, 20 more 1st downs, and the list goes on and on showing just how much PSU dominated this game. PSU just got really stupid inside the redzone with their playcalling. It's nearly impossible to not score about 40 pts with all the offense PSU put up.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not that I can think of. I actually think PSU's offense revolves too much around him though, if that makes sense. I have to laugh at some of you saying he should have gotten the ball more, he had over 40 touches there's only so much he can humanly do. I think he's human anyway.

I actually somewhat agree with you here, although PSU doesn't seem to have a whole lot besides Barkley IMO. McSorley was not good tonight IMO. They weren't much of a threat to throw it downfield at all, which plays right into Iowa's strength. ISU was able to exploit Iowa's weak DBs, McSorley was not able to. Barkley was about all they had.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I do feel for the good natured IA fans like you, but too many of DB trolls that come over here and ruin it for the ones like you. At least at the end of the year you guys will be going bowling.