****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Wait whose griffin?
Who's that lurking over there? Is that Merv Griffin?
Man%2BWith%2BTwo%2BBrains%2B%2528124%2529%2Bcopy.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: kistek and Cydkar

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
That would be a hell of a class. What makes you think Castleton is going ILL, as all I have seen about him is he is a heavy Florida favorite. Ayo is a real possibility as his recruitment has been hard to predict.

I would be shocked if Conditt goes to Illinois if he is being told he will redshirt, in my opinion.

Looks like Castleton has narrowed it down to Illinois or Michigan. Might have an effect on THT either way.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I'm gonna make a prediction that he commits to Memphis shortly after his visit. After the Haliburton commitment, things aren't trending in the direction as far as Harris/Iowa State goes.

• Dislike
Reactions: bozclone and jim4

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Tifww but heard THT down to Ill, state, and xavier

that is still tough competition. Xavier is a great program and is an urban campus, some recruits prefer that. Plus it is a little closer to Chicago than Ames. Illinois of course is the closest, but I don't think their campus is as nice a ISU's. Sorry if this has been covered already, but has he visited Ames yet?

ISUguy

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Usa
I'm gonna make a prediction that he commits to Memphis shortly after his visit. After the Haliburton commitment, things aren't trending in the direction as far as Harris/Iowa State goes.

I believe Prohm did an in home visit a week or two ago...got me wondering when coaches have offers out to players, but they then fill the spot the player would have filled, do they tell the player in person that the player should look for other options? The timing of the Haliburton commit, the in home visit, and the word that Harris and ISU may be cooling are all near one another. This reminds me of a year ago when McKinley Wright was rumored to be close to committing and the staff backed off. Seemed like it was after an official or unofficial visit that the relationship turned. I guess you could do it by phone, but as Prohm recruits via building relationships, it would make sense that he would be a stand up guy and tell the player and his family in person.

Or, Harris may commit tomorrow...who knows. Just wondering about the process.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
that is still tough competition. Xavier is a great program and is an urban campus, some recruits prefer that. Plus it is a little closer to Chicago than Ames. Illinois of course is the closest, but I don't think their campus is as nice a ISU's. Sorry if this has been covered already, but has he visited Ames yet?
I have the same question. He certainly didn't OV but I also can't remember him swinging by for an unofficial either.