NFL: ***Official Week 1 Thread***

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
It's finally here ladies and gents!!!! Football season is fully upon us. Here's to a lot of excitement and good fortune to your team.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
As a lifelong Vikings fan it's hard to drum up any enthusiasm based upon the little I have seen in the preseason. I believe the first team put up 3 whole points. I guess we'll see what happens Monday night.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
As a lifelong Vikings fan it's hard to drum up any enthusiasm based upon the little I have seen in the preseason. I believe the first team put up 3 whole points. I guess we'll see what happens Monday night.
The Vikings may indeed be terrible this year, but I wouldn't spend much time worrying about pre-season performances. They generally aren't an indicator of anything. Getting through healthy is the biggest thing.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The Vikings may indeed be terrible this year, but I wouldn't spend much time worrying about pre-season performances. They generally aren't an indicator of anything. Getting through healthy is the biggest thing.
That's the one hope I have but what bothers me is they barely showed a pulse.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
My Colts featured in the Afterthought of the Week game vs. the Rams. Tolzien vs. Goff! Whoo boy, who's ready for a shootout!?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
My Colts featured in the Afterthought of the Week game vs. the Rams. Tolzien vs. Goff! Whoo boy, who's ready for a shootout!?

It beats the Bills v. Jets, and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what that revamped Rams offense looks like.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It beats the Bills v. Jets, and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what that revamped Rams offense looks like.

Revamped or not, it's still Goff under center. Sorry, but I saw absolutely nothing from him that suggested he'll ever be a competent NFL QB. But if anyone can make him look good, it's Indy. I'm banking on that Bills defense for fantasy football purposes.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
The Broncos Super Bowl ceremony was not as cringe as that was.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Team Predictions:

NYG- Great team, but Eli may not be ELIte anymore
DAL- Drama, Drama, Drama. One year away
PHI- Dark horse? Maybe
WAS- .500 ish

DET- Stafford worth dough
MIN- elite defense, can Sam lead O?
GB- Playoff exit somewhere
CHI- REDSHIRT MITCHELL for 2017! ALL OF IT!

ATL- Cursed
TB- Talented but head coach seems difficult to work with
CAR- Cam bounceback
NO- Same average team since bounty gate

ARI- 1 year wonder in 2015
SEA- Superbowl appearance? Probably
SF- How is anybody supposed to ever trust Shanahan again?
LAR- Goffense or Gofful? Probably Goffull.

NYJ- Tank city
BUF- Joining tank city late
NE- First team to ever go 19-0
MIA- Jay finally has help

PIT- Not your grandfather's Steelers
BAL- Flucco isn't scary now
CIN- Will Marvin ever get in hot seat?
CLE- Hangover from drafting Manziel still (no pun)

KC- playoff hangover
DEN- declining
OAK- Carr might be repaired, but not defense
SD- Read Washington above

Reactions: SCyclone

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Pats fans sure boo a lot considering they've won 5 SBs in the last 15 years.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Fans of anybody else out side of the Patriots just give up now. New England has the greatest quarterback of all time, greatest coach of all time, and maybe this year the greatest team of all time this year. Do people really think their team has a shot to do anything this year? If you root for a team like the Eagles, Vikings, Titans, or Rams and it'd be a successful season for you just to make the playoffs, then I won't stop you from having optimism and excitement for this season. But if you think your team can actually win the Super Bowl, sorry to say you are SOL.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Fans of anybody else out side of the Patriots just give up now. New England has the greatest quarterback of all time, greatest coach of all time, and maybe this year the greatest team of all time this year. Do people really think their team has a shot to do anything this year? If you root for a team like the Eagles, Vikings, Titans, or Rams and it'd be a successful season for you just to make the playoffs, then I won't stop you from having optimism and excitement for this season. But if you think your team can actually win the Super Bowl, sorry to say you are SOL.
Yea, just like in 2007 nobody had a chance to beat 18-0 New England.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This feels like a blowout, but is somehow only a 3 point game.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Fantastic football game of football so far. Great football players playing great football led by great football schemes from great football coaches.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Yea, just like in 2007 nobody had a chance to beat 18-0 New England.

Eli looks old now. Before ODB arrived, he looked like Rex Grossman. There is a reason why many are taking the Pats over the field. Nobody can compete with them in the AFC and while the NFC is much better than the AFC, the Pats will still be favored over them. I'm betting on the Pats all day, every day in 2018 (as long as the GOAT stays healthy).