NFL: ***Official Week 1 Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Last night it felt like the earth shook a little off it's axis. Turns out it was just the Patriot fans collective jump off the bandwagon.

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I missed two great finales last night (suffering a terrible cold) - the Chiefs' big 4th quarter explosion, and the Twins rallying in the 9th to beat KC. That'll teach me!!!!

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Fantastic football game of football so far. Great football players playing great football led by great football schemes from great football coaches.

Wait, Madden came back?

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
As a Chiefs fan, that game was awesome. It is hard to fully enjoy it with Eric Berry going down. Dude was a beast all night on Gronk. Alex Smith going to have a career year with Mahomes behind him.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Love the way Smith played now that the Chiefs have Mahomes. He is playing like a guy who doesn't want to lose his job (again). Finally throwing the ball downfield!

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Last night it felt like the earth shook a little off it's axis. Turns out it was just the Patriot fans collective jump off the bandwagon.

We'll see what happens. Even if they're not as good as they were hyped up to be in the preseason, they're still in the AFC East where two teams have already conceded the 2017 season and the other team is quarterbacked by Jay Cutler, who's been a loser everywhere he's played since college. The Pats' worst case scenario is still a four seed in the playoffs.

I want to see how Brady rebounds against the Saints in Week 2. He looked every bit of 40 last night. And I'll admit that it could be any one of several factors - Gronk getting shut down by Eric Berry (Berry's one of the few guys in the league who can handle a healthy Gronk), new faces at WR, the loss of Edelman and subsequent adjustment period, maybe just a bad game that's so noticeable because he so rarely has them - but there's still a small chance that age is just catching up with him.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Love the way Smith played now that the Chiefs have Mahomes. He is playing like a guy who doesn't want to lose his job (again). Finally throwing the ball downfield!

Andy Reid was in a playcalling groove last night. And Smith looked really good; really comfortable running that offense.

The Eric Berry injury was devastating, though. I haven't heard confirmation yet, but speculation last night was that it's a torn achilles tendon. That's a season ender.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I used to feel a lot of pity for Bostonians pre-2004. Even when the Patriots won Super Bowls in the early 2000s, prior to the Red Sox winning the World Series there was still a certain humility. Then they won the World Series. Then the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins all won championships within a matter of years. Now those arrogant asshats are worse than Yankee fans - the whole reason you felt sympathy for Bostonians pre-2004 in the first place, and any day a Bostonian gets humiliated in a sports arena - especially their own sports arena - is a really good day.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rob Riggle's segments on Fox are awesome.

"You're Allowed to dance in the end zone
cause Roger wants in the friend zone."

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Houston's QB is 6/12 for 56 yards and has been sacked 6 times and it's only the first half. Hard to complete passes from your back.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Mike Glennon is ass. But other aspects have been a nice surprise for the bears.