Kansas FB Recruiting

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Okay, so I don't get to follow recruiting as closely as I used to. To catch up, I was paging through the Big XII Conference football commitment lists on Rivals, and, just for a whim, decided to look at KU's list while I was at it. And right off the bat, see that they have a five star committed. No, this wasn't basketball! And then a four star!

So, someone please tell me. How does Kansas wind up with a Top 25 (Rivals) wide receiver--and another player who's in the Top 75? I mean, seriously?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Okay, so I don't get to follow recruiting as closely as I used to. To catch up, I was paging through the Big XII Conference football commitment lists on Rivals, and, just for a whim, decided to look at KU's list while I was at it. And right off the bat, see that they have a five star committed. No, this wasn't basketball! And then a four star!

So, someone please tell me. How does Kansas wind up with a Top 25 (Rivals) wide receiver--and another player who's in the Top 75? I mean, seriously?
Prolly the same way we got Lazard.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
They seem to be a year behind us in rebuilding. We had some pretty good players early last year that ended up decommitting, including a 4 star. I'm guessing they lose those good commits once the L's start piling up, just like we did. But, I do think that they have the right coach and he will improve their program.

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
I sure hope you fellers are right, but I fear they'll sign with the chickens in December. Kansas has had a 3 star sub 4.4 40 wide receiver decommit and pledge to TCU. We offered quite a few of those Jayhawk commitments. That bothers me more.

Beaty is known for his ability to recruit. I've been told that he was responsible for recruiting Johnny Manziel to A$M.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I tend to discount recruiting until I see the product on the field. Same applies here. Let's see what their coach does this fall. More than a couple conference wins will be an eye-opener.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I sure hope you fellers are right, but I fear they'll sign with the chickens in December. Kansas has had a 3 star sub 4.4 40 wide receiver decommit and pledge to TCU. We offered quite a few of those Jayhawk commitments. That bothers me more.

Beaty is known for his ability to recruit. I've been told that he was responsible for recruiting Johnny Manziel to A$M.
Those Louisiana commits they have are there because of Tony Hull.

As somebody said, once KU starts losing and they visit an empty Memorial Stadium on a chilly day, they'll bolt for their bigger offers.

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
Those Louisiana commits they have are there because of Tony Hull.

As somebody said, once KU starts losing and they visit an empty Memorial Stadium on a chilly day, they'll bolt for their bigger offers.
I'm aware they were recruited by Hull. I'm concerned about their loyalty to him and what I've been told of Beaty being charismatic enough to convince them to stay.

I guess I've been listening to too many Kansas fans. I sure hope you're right.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'm aware they were recruited by Hull. I'm concerned about their loyalty to him and what I've been told of Beaty being charismatic enough to convince them to stay.

I guess I've been listening to too many Kansas fans. I sure hope you're right.
Beaty seems to be a charasmitic guy and seems to have KU going in the right direction.

I have read that LSU and others will keep recruiting the KU commits through the season.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
"Junior college teammates Jonathan Lolohea and Charles Cameron, both defensive tackles at Copiah-Lincoln Community College (Miss.), announced within 12 minutes of each other late Monday night their decisions to back out of previous non-binding verbal commitments to Ku ... Rivals rates Lolohea, listed at 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, as a three-star prospect." LJW